Firefox PHP

Display Real Names in user dropdown lists

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Display Real Names in user dropdown lists
July 14, 2004 09:14PM
I've created a new module that will add the real_name custom profile value (if the user has set it) to the dropdown lists of users.

Those dropdown lists only exist in two places right now (group moderation and send a private message), only in phorum 5.0.7 (current CVS), and only if you turn them on in the Admin.

This also serves as an example module for the new user_list hook, which was just added.

Download: [www.hiredgoons.ca]
Re: Display Real Names in user dropdown lists
July 18, 2004 12:19PM
This one doesn't seem to be very popular, but I've made a new version anyway. Just a quick bugfix.

changes:
- don't attempt to do anything to an empty list of users

Download: [www.hiredgoons.ca]
August 04, 2004 07:18AM
Sorry, but I don't understand how to use it? (not how to install, but how use)

August 04, 2004 07:51AM
@Tridus, by a request I got ... how about only showing active users or users in a given group?
I think such things could be done with that module, isn't it?

Thomas Seifert
August 04, 2004 02:51PM
Well this particular module doesn't do either of those things, but yes it can be done with the user_list hook. To display only "active" users, you could just remove anybody from the list who hasn't been active since a given date.
August 04, 2004 02:52PM
Heh hell no, I just want to show users which aren't set active. It doesn't make sense to send them PMs ;).

Thomas Seifert
August 04, 2004 02:54PM
Well, that would be even easier then. :)

The way this mod works is that it is given a bigger list of users, and can do things to it before its displayed. So you could remove anybody who is inactive fairly easily, and they wouldn't show up on any lists anymore.

Thats a pretty good suggestion actually. :)
May 14, 2006 10:56AM
The function of this module is now integrated in the new "Real Name" module.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login