Firefox PHP

Spam

Posted by birdyleg 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
bad_behaviour.zip 33.2 KB open | download Maurice Makaay 11/09/2005 Read message
Spam
October 27, 2005 03:47AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a Module to avoid Spam-Mails in the phorum. I'm using still phorum 3. At the moment I can't upgrade the whole phorum to version 5. Sorry!
birdyleg
Re: Spam
October 27, 2005 03:48AM
only phorum5 supports real modules. you won't have much luck with phorum3 in this regard.
but I also don't know any "anti-spam"-module as its very tricky to do ... phorum is not a mailsystem.

Thomas Seifert
November 07, 2005 08:31PM
I use a modified version of the "bad behaviour" plugin for mediawiki.
It can be easily adapted to protect your site and your forum as well.
It took me 5 minutes to get it up and running.

--
Amilcar Lucas
www.kdevelop.org webmaster
November 08, 2005 02:22PM
Can you post the file here Amilcar?

It would be intersting to see
November 08, 2005 04:37PM
[www.ioerror.us]

It tells you all you need to know.

--
Amilcar Lucas
November 09, 2005 04:03AM
Okay, okay, I have only a little knowledge about php. So it would be great, if you could get an introduction, how I can install "the bad-behaviour". Where is the "extensions" directory in the phorum and in which files I have to include the "include"? And what should I change in the "bad-behaviour-mediawiki.php"? Thank you very much.
birdyleg
November 09, 2005 04:46AM
Quickly looking at it, it seems to come down to:

* Install "bad behaviour" on your server;
* Include bad-behavior-generic.php from a common part of the code.

You can either hack common.php to have the include somewhere at the start of that file or use a module that hooks in to the "common" hook.

I gave the last option a try. The attached file contains a module for implementing bad behaviour in Phorum. I did not do any real testing, but I think this should work. The latest Bad Behaviour distro is included in the package. Remember to update the settings in mods/bad_behaviour/distro/bad-behaviour-generic.php, according to the Bad Behaviour docs.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
November 09, 2005 04:46AM
Quickly looking at it, it seems to come down to:

* Install "bad behaviour" on your server;
* Include bad-behavior-generic.php from a common part of the code.

You can either hack common.php to have the include somewhere at the start of that file or use a module that hooks in to the "common" hook.

I gave the last option a try. The attached file contains a module for implementing bad behaviour in Phorum. I did not do any real testing, but I think this should work. The latest Bad Behaviour distro is included in the package. Remember to update the settings in mods/bad_behaviour/distro/bad-behaviour-generic.php, according to the Bad Behaviour docs.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Attachments:
open | download - bad_behaviour.zip (33.2 KB)
November 09, 2005 05:01AM
just curious without reading through all the site ... what does it check against?

Thomas Seifert
November 09, 2005 05:16AM
HTTP headers, it detects if the client is a normal browser or if it is a robot.
It validates the IP of known and harmless bots, and blocks everybody else.

So basically a script that does automated spam postings has to be very well written in order to pass the tests.

Goood for us, most of them aren't, they just try to be as fast as possible, and bad behaviour catches them, I love it.

--
Amilcar Lucas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login