Firefox PHP

Problems with Chrome and Safari logging in

Posted by simgio 
Problems with Chrome and Safari logging in
June 14, 2011 11:55PM
Hello support,
recently we have noticed that Chrome and Safari will not let our users log into our Phorum. Firefox is working fine.
Is there anything that can be done by yourselves or us to deal with the browser incompatibility issues please.
Thank you
Simone
Re: Problems with Chrome and Safari logging in
June 15, 2011 01:18AM
Show us your URL.
I'm using Chrome and Safari and never had a problem to log in to a phorum.

Thomas Seifert
June 16, 2011 11:49PM
Hi Thomas,
thank you for your support. The URL is here:
[www.thegraphicdesignschool.co.uk]

Thanks
Simone
July 06, 2011 01:03AM
Hello Thomas, any feedback on this please?
July 06, 2011 01:15AM
Well, I just tried it now with both google chrome and safari - both latest versions. No problems at all. Both logged me in without troubles.

Thomas Seifert
July 06, 2011 01:31AM
Hi Thomas,
thanks for your reply.
Here is a common request from students in regards to the forum:

been trying to login to the forum and i get no login page or anything... it´s just stuck on the first page one comes to. i have tried firefox, chrome and using safari all the time, thought it was some browser problem but nothing happens :P neither of the links in the right corner works.

I am unable to login to the forum. I still cannot and it is getting very frustrating. I need to be able to login in order to get support for the modules. Can this please get sorted asap? It is really holding me up from completing assessments. I tried logging in from home using Firefox, still to no avail.

These issues have only been happening since we made it a closed forum (i.e. must login to view threads) any further ideas, it is not happening for no reason at all.

Thanks again, I know it is very hard to research an issue when you cannot replicate it yourself. There is definitely an issue though, we receive an email a day or more of the above nature.

Perhaps I am off the mark, it may not be a safari or Chrome issue, I am stabbing in the dark too.
Thanks Simone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 01:32AM by simgio.
July 06, 2011 01:45AM
I've got no way to diagnose this further and I've never seen this.

Sounds to me like you can't replicate this problem either and its only users reporting it to you.

You need to try to get more input from the users having this problem. E.g. screenshots, html sourcecode etc..
As you can see this is not a general problem but either something in your server configuration or the users computers.

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login