Firefox PHP

top authors from all active forums.

Posted by rasjani 
top authors from all active forums.
May 15, 2003 06:29AM
I was searching thru something that would show top 10 authors from all active phorums but i couldnt find anything..

On the old board, i found a piece of code that showed topX from active forum and note from its author that "its impossible to do global top statistics".

So i took bull by its horns and wrote a piece of code to produce such print out..

Code is not yet in condition that it could be published, but if people want it, i can clean it a bit and put it samewhere.. (The thing is, im not phorum user myself, nor i have ever hacked phorum, that code was my first code written for phorum and i want to make it a bi t more flexible, eg design should be themeable from phorum settings which it aint 100% yet.. and there's few other issues too)=

Example of the top10 can be found here [fi-reggae.yardstyle.org]

Diego
Re: top authors from all active forums.
May 30, 2003 06:40AM
I implemented something like this but my code isn't 100% reliable.
Could you please upload the code?
Thanks
May 30, 2003 10:01PM
rasjani wrote:

>...
> Code is not yet in condition that it could be published, but if
> people want it, i can clean it a bit and put it samewhere..

Part of the idea of the this 'Beta Mods and Plug-ins' forum is that things don't have to be perfect, most likely someone will be able to help whip it into shape.
June 04, 2003 07:24AM
Ok, here's the code.

As the comments on the actual code say, user needs to add few entries to his/her language file too..

$lTopPosterName = "Aktiivisimmat kirjoittelijat"; // html title
$lTopPoster = "Kirjoittaja"; // Name of the poster
$lTopPosterAmount = "Viestejä"; // Amount of posted messages

Rest of the html can be modified straight into the source (all html output is specified clearly )

To use this, you must link into it from your phorum ... (or enter the url manual, what ever suits you). Only thing really needed is that you add those 3 lines into your language files with suitable values .. Im not sure but i could use initvar to print some kind of default strings ..

I could easily add following functionality: IF user enters top10 page from forum index, statistics is shown from all active forums. BUT if user enters top10 page inside one forum, only top10 statistics from that active forum is displayed ..

Also, quite easily i could add parameter to show more or less authors not just top 10..

June 04, 2003 09:59AM
Please post that again. I messed up the path to the uploads, sorry.

June 04, 2003 01:59PM
Here ya go again..

Attachments:
open | download - topx.php (2.9 KB)
June 06, 2003 05:53AM
Anyone tested this allready ?

Does it work for everybody ? Any comments ? =)

work OK.

I modified little to change "name" to "username" :D
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.