Firefox PHP

Module: Embed Attachments

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
embed_attachments-1.0.2.zip 9.8 KB open | download Maurice Makaay 08/31/2016 Read message
Module: Embed Attachments
November 25, 2007 06:52AM
This module makes it possible to put links that point to the attachments for a message inline at any position in the message body. Other modules (like "Embed Images" and "Embed MP3") can be installed to replace these links by embedded attachment viewers.

Changelog:
----------

2007-11-05 v1.0.0

- Initial release.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 01:32PM by mmakaay.
Attachments:
open | download - embed_attachments-1.0.2.zip (9.8 KB)
Re: Module: embed_attachments
November 25, 2007 07:58PM
enhancement? add the option to inhibit creation of the "Attachment Open|Download" box.

example - suppose a user has embedded an image [see the great Embed Images mod folks!], the "Attachment Open|Download" box adds no real value and makes the post untidy.

i'm no usability/accessability expert so maybe this is a no-no
November 25, 2007 08:34PM
on further examination...

the "Attachment Open|Download" box only shows itself if you put a spoiler around an Embeded Image. without the spoiler code, you don't get this.
November 25, 2007 09:23PM
Yes, with spoilers you have kind of a special situation. The rendering code will not see the image inside the spoiler and will therefore handle it like a standard attachment and add it to the attachments list. This is due to the nature of the spoiler mod, which tries to provide 100% accessibility, also for browsers that do not have javascript or honour things like CSS colors / visibility options. About all spoiler mods that I have seen, do include the spoiler content in the message, using the mentions CSS options to hide the content. My goal was to create a spoiler for which even looking at the page's source code would not reveal the spoiler contents.

As you found out, images that get rendered on the first rendering pass will be pulled from the list.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Re: Module: Embed Attachments
December 12, 2007 05:55AM
Translation into german

<?php
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["CreateEmbeddedLink"] = "Link in die Nachricht einfügen";
?>
December 12, 2007 09:46AM
I will include the translation in the next release of the module. Thank you for the translation.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
May 07, 2008 01:37AM
Hi Maurice,

for reconciling miscellaneous german language files please add the attached files (originally from the German Language Files Package) to the next version of your module. Please remove any german_sie.php or german_du.php from module language folder (if existent). Thanks.

Regards
Oliver

[File removed]

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 03:26PM by Oliver Riesen.
May 12, 2008 03:27PM
Hi Maurice,

according to structuring the language file and charset support I attach new german languages files in ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8. Please add them to the next release of your module.

Regards
Oliver

mmakaay: the language files were included in the distribution, so I removed the attachments from this message

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2008 05:57PM by Maurice Makaay.
September 21, 2008 05:09PM
Maurice,

Here is the french.php file.
Do not hesitate to ask for updates for French translation, for this module or others.

edit mmakaay: the translation was added to the package, so I removed the attachment from this message

Cactus : [www.cactuspro.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2008 05:54PM by Maurice Makaay.
September 21, 2008 05:58PM
Thanks for the translation and the offer.
I repackaged the 1.0.1 package with the new language file included.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login