Firefox PHP

Easysmilies for Phorum 3.4

Posted by JP 
JP
Easysmilies for Phorum 3.4
November 08, 2002 06:20PM
Here is the adaptation of Easysmilies for Phorum 3.4 (20021105 & 20021009)

EasySmilies is a script to enhance Phorum's smilies management. It comes in two parts :

The first shows the smilies icons in the message box above the subject field. When the user click on a smiley icon, the corresponding replacement text is inserted in the body of the message.
It also manage the underline, italicise, bold etc...

The second part is a management script which allows you to choose which icons you want to show and which text propriety you want to allow.

If you don't see it as attachement, you can get it from my web site :

[www.jpricaud.com]

Let me know if it is useful to you

Post Edited (11-08-02 17:23)
Anonymous User
Re: Easysmilies for Phorum 3.4
November 09, 2002 10:20AM
you know that phorum-3.4 already has a smiley-plugin?

JP
November 09, 2002 03:37PM
Yes, and It is used by my script. But I want something which insert smilies inside the message just by a click (like phpBB do).

Anonymous User
November 11, 2002 03:20AM
ok so in 3.4 its just the form-part or still the second admin too?

JP
November 11, 2002 08:10AM
There is two parts, the first add some javascript to form.php, so the images are displayed in the "reply to message" box. When the user click on a image, the corresponding marker is inserted in the text field.
The second part let the user to choose which image will be associated to which similey marker (just like the smiley plugin). But I have also included an option for choosing images for text enhacements (bold, underline etc...).
The user can associate two images to each text anhacement, one for the opening marker and one for the closing (these images will toggle when clicked). Then the script creates the admin/settings/smiley.php file needed for the smiley plugin. The smiley plugin is used to replace the markers by images when a message is posted.
In the next version, I will add an option, so some smilies will be displayed only if the user is a moderator, so the admin can reserve some smilies for its ones usage (a good way to catch the user attention I think).

Regards

Anonymous User
November 11, 2002 10:55AM
pity. so it seems like no way to integrate it directly.

February 10, 2003 12:35AM
I'm getting the following errors when attempting to run easysmilies.php:

Notice: Undefined variable: Update in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Brothers\forum\easysmilies\easysmilies.php on line 66

Notice: Undefined offset: 14 in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Brothers\forum\easysmilies\easysmilies.php on line 328
(for offsets 14 through 61)

Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Brothers\forum\easysmilies\easysmilies.php on line 374
(for offsets 4 through 61)

I'm also getting the error in the drop-down boxes, but it states on line 339 and 385.

Any ideas?
Anonymous User
March 14, 2003 12:22PM
Hello,

I´m using Phorum 3.4.1 over Apache 2.0.44 compiled with PHP4.3.0 in my SUN Ultra 10 running Solaris 8.

I´ve just installed Easysmilies 2.0 and it seem to be great, but after configure all things as in the readme.txt file, smilies appear on the post page and you can select any smiley, but after post the messages when you read it, the smiley appear as code and don´t as image.

In order to make some test i´ve configured all the directories and files as "777" (rwx).

One thing more, after execute easysmilies.php and configure something the page seem to be with the default options.
Can you help me.

Thanks

Jesus
JP
March 14, 2003 04:19PM
Do you have actvited the smiley plugin from the admin screen ?

Anonymous User
March 17, 2003 07:44AM
Yes I´ve do it

In fact, you can see the smilies in the page of post on the upper menu, and you can select them. When you select one smiley his code appear on the message, but problem is that after post it when you read the message, in it the image (smiley) don´t appear unless of this you can only see the code of smiley and not his image.

For example, in this example in which i´ve post an messages with smileys 1 and 3, when i read it, i only can see the code and not the images of the smilies.

This is a test message

:-)):-I

P:D: My server is Apache (PHP 4.2.3) over Solaris 8, and it´s running as user nobody and group nobody due to i´ve give mark the phroum files as 550 (settings files are 660) and user root:nobody.

Thanks for your help,

Jesus
March 18, 2003 08:44PM
I really really wanna use this but i get an error that displas on the form.php.. It's really bad displaying it. Wotz it mean please???

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain/httpdocs/phorum/easysmilies/esf.php on line 2

I still see the smilies and they seem to insert fine into the message body but the error is really.. well... there is obviously a problem my lack of php knowledge is strained with

Post Edited (03-23-03 17:17)
June 07, 2003 10:57AM
yup same error here and i can't see what is wrong (
JP
June 08, 2003 07:47AM
This is a PHP safe mode error.
Check that all files have read/write permission and that they have the same owner.
Check PHP safe mode (PHP : php.ini file and Apache : httpd.conf file).

June 09, 2003 04:50AM
safe mode is not on, i've also checked permissions.
ben
June 11, 2003 09:24AM
i'm getting pepe's problem too
i.e. it's ok with the message form, clicking the faces inserts the corresponding code, but when previewed or posted, the code appears instead of the image

i think i know part of the problem. The smiley.php in the setting directory was not generated. So what should i do? The pluggin was activated already.

any help is appreciated
thanks jp, way to go
JP
June 11, 2003 04:25PM
You have to give the correct path to your setting directory and check that we can write in this folder.
In the easysmilies.php file, find the line :

$ReplaceDir = "../admin/settings/";

and give the correct path to your settings folder.

If you have still a problem, then change the line with :

$ReplaceDir = "./";

the smiley.php file will by created in the easysmilies folder. Then move it yourself to the settings directory.

JP
New version of easysmilies
June 12, 2003 04:34PM
I have finished the new version of Easysmilies (for Phorum 3.4.3a) :

* changed : now easysmilies is a real plugin. It no more use the Phorum smiley or replace plugin.
* added : images are now sorted.
* added : max number of smilies per line.
* added : strike icons.

If the upload has not worked (as usual !), you can get it at :

[www.jpricaud.com]

By the way, if someone can draw prettier icons for the text proprieties, it would be great !

Attachments:
open | download - easysmilies3.0-34.zip (47.1 KB)
Angela
August 12, 2003 04:51PM
Works great! Thanx :D
August 26, 2003 09:22PM
Dan Perovich,

were you able to fix the errors? I'm getting the following:
Notice: Undefined variable: safekey in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phorum\plugin\easysmilies\plugin.php on line 16

Notice: Undefined variable: safekey in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phorum\plugin\easysmilies\plugin.php on line 16

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phorum\plugin\easysmilies\plugin.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phorum\plugin\easysmilies\plugin.php on line 24
JohnW
September 08, 2003 09:28AM
Those errors seem more like php problems.

Have a look at your php.ini settings. Its probably got to do with the level of error reporting you have set.

Cheers
John
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.