Firefox PHP

Easysmilies for Phorum 3.3.2c

Posted by JP 
JP
Easysmilies for Phorum 3.3.2c
November 03, 2002 08:02AM
You like smilies ? Here is a soft which may be helpful to you.

EasySmilies is a script to enhance Phorum's smilies management. It comes in two parts :

The first shows the smilies icons in the message box above the subject field. When the user click on a smiley icon, the corresponding replacement text is inserted in the body of the message.
It also manage the underline, italicise, bold etc...

The second part is a management script which allows you to choose which icons you want to show and which text propriety you want to allow.

If don't see it as attachement, you can get it from my web site :

[www.jpricaud.com]

Let me know if it is useful to you

Re: Easysmilies for Phorum 3.3.2c
November 04, 2002 06:10AM
In easysmiliesinc.php

False:

"< ["];,
" >"

True:

"[ url ] ["];,
"[ /url ]"

Thanks!

Merci pour tout!!!

Xavier
Hi JP

Very nice job on the smileys.

I am VERY interested in getting the "hack" for your html icons. Is it available anywhere?
JP
November 10, 2002 04:42PM
Hi

What do you call "html icons" ?
If you are talking about bold, uderline, italic etc... images, I have drawn them and they are in the easysmilies package.

That's what I am talking about. Just the bold, uderline, italic etc.

I am very new to all this so forgive the "stupid question." If I would like to only use the bold, uderline, italic etc. and NOT the smileys, how could I modify your code to do that?

mike
JP
November 11, 2002 08:23AM
No need of a hack.
Install the easysmilies package as describe in the readme.txt.
Let the marker field of smilies empty. Choose the images you want to associate with text enhacement (bold ...). You don't need to activate the replace plugin as it used only for smilies (unless you use it for something else).
Let me know if you have any problemes.

Thanks you JP. I'll try it and I guarantee you I will have problems.

:-)

mike
November 14, 2002 03:45PM
Work with 3.4 rc1 ?
JP
November 14, 2002 04:05PM
Easysmilies for Phorum 3.4 works with 3.4.rc1

November 14, 2002 04:21PM
awesome, thanks for your time!
Hi JP

Forgive me but I am very new to this php and am lost on how to install. ( I need to install only text inhancements, not smileys. Can you help?

In step 2.3 you say Find the lines :

$PhorumDir = "../";

$SmiliesDir = "images/smilies/";

If necessary replace these paths with the correct ones.

OK I find the lines but not sure what to do. Assuming I upload the folder "Images/smileys" into my Phorum folder (directory) onto my server, would my path then be "phorum/images/smileys" ? and if so do I replace the above lines like so?

$PhorumDir = "phorum/images/smileys";

$SmiliesDir = "phorum/images/smileys";

2.3 also says find the lines in local form.php include ("easysmilies/esf.php");

What do I change assuming I have smileys in images folder in phorum folder on my server ? include ("easysmilies/esf.php");

I am confused as to how to create teh correct path. As such I am getting errors saying the path isincorrect.

Thank you
JP
November 17, 2002 05:36AM
Ok Michael, if I have well understand your Phorum directories structure is :

phorum/include/*.php
phorum/images/*.gif
phorum/images/smilies/*.gif
phorum/easysmilies/*.php
etc...

In this case the pathes are :

$PhorumDir = "../";
$SmiliesDir = "images/smilies/";

and

include ("easysmilies/esf.php");

In fact, if you have not modified the default directories structure of Phorum and if you have installed easysmilies as it is written in the readme.txt, you don't have to change the pathes.
Try without changing the pathes, It should work. If It don't, send me by E-mail, your complete Phorum directories structure

(as above).

webmaster@jpricaud.com

Regards

Note:

$PhorumDir is the path from easysmilies.php to the Phorum main directory (where common.php, read.php ... are located).
$SmiliesDir is the path from Phorum main directory to the smilies images.
include ("easysmilies/esf.php") is the path from Phorum main directory to the esf.php file.

JP
November 20, 2002 03:39AM
Hi,

If you have installed easysmilies in your forum, please give me some feed back. I need to know if it works correctly or if you had encounter problems.
One person seems to have a path problem and he not able to solve it. If you have also encounter this kind of problem, please let me know.
I'am working on the version 2.0 of easysmilies, and your feed back will be helpful.

Thanks

webmaster@jpricaud.com

December 25, 2002 04:22AM
Hello,

I have copied all the files to my folders. I have no changes in the directory structure, but easysmilies is still not working correctly,

It fails when I try to run the script, it sais:

Unable to write your settings to the file !
Check permissions and directories

Can you tell me what files/directorys I have to give what permissions?

Thnx
December 25, 2002 04:32AM
Hello,

I have copied all the files to my folders. I have no changes in the directory structure, but easysmilies is still not working correctly,

It fails when I try to run the script, it sais:

Unable to write your settings to the file !
Check permissions and directories

and:
When I open form.php, then I get the error:
Warning: Failed opening 'easysmiliesinc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /users/coolfreepage.com/mbloemendal/forum/easysmilies/esf.php on line 2

Can you tell me what files/directorys I have to give what permissions?

Thnx
JP
December 26, 2002 04:57PM
Check that easysmiliesinc.php exists and has read/write access (777).

December 29, 2002 05:32PM
Nice job JP. I just installed Phorum today, and needed something to jazz it up. Your plug-in was a piece of cake to install. Nice job!

[www.spentrock.com]

John

Post Edited (12-29-02 16:33)

--
Rolf Winterscheidt * [www.rowi.net]
February 03, 2003 02:42PM
ok, i have forum working exactly how you have described, i have downloaded the files, followed all the steps (I think) and have a semi working version. This is in that I am able to use the smilies, but the menu above the subject box never appears, as i said entering the code by hand brings the correct smilies up, but when you go to post there is no menu,

any suggestions on what ive done wrong?

im using PHP 4.3.0 and Phorum 3.3.2c

cheers

matt
February 03, 2003 02:50PM
doh, can i take back that last post !!!

it was being being inept and no fault of the script or installation notes which caused the error! Really good script mate, all in all it took only minutes to get working (unlike many other scripts and hacks that i seem to end up re-writing myself at least partially) this worked straight out of the box and is a great little feature to make phorum a much more advanced system without being as stupidly OTT as PHPBB or other forums,

keep up the good work!

matt
February 09, 2003 04:33AM
Warning: Failed opening 'easysmiliesinc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/infinite/public_html/infinite/easysmilies/esf.php on line 2

I have this exact same error though I had no problem with installing it.. the forum is located at [infinite.ourobouros.com]

I wish mattw would've mentioned /how/ he got it working...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.