Firefox PHP

WebTV compliant

Posted by brian 
WebTV compliant
October 23, 2002 12:52AM
I am looking at the complex code that makes up Phorum. I like this BB because it is simple to understand and use for all. Some of the BB's are very feature filled, much eye candy to those of us who like that but this one, Phorum, appeals very very well to my audience.

I need to learn/understand how to make the screens WebTV compliant. Before you laugh understand that there currently are MORE WevTV users than AOL users. This is very important to consider.

I need to know how I can make the " Go to Top | New Topic | Search " links (all links across the top and bottom of the screen), appear as:

Go To Top
Search Links

So that each link is in a new line. I want to do this the "right" way and NOT modify the code incorrectly. I am familiar with PHP but by no means a pro. I have much to learn. Your help is very much appreciated. Oh, I need to be rid of the "|" charachters for my viewers.

Thanks
Re: WebTV compliant
February 11, 2003 04:49AM
in common.php do a search for function getnav (it's line 116 in my code) then change

$splitter='  |  '

to

$splitter='<br />'

Done.

Gets rid of the pipe and puts them on new lines, although this will put _all_ your nav bars into this format.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.