Firefox PHP

Store LastVisited in Database

Posted by Michael 
Store LastVisited in Database
January 25, 2004 01:07PM
Is there a mod that stores the last visited date in the member database instead of a cookie.

My problem is, that I have to visit my phorum from a couple if different machines (and then even different user accounts), and everytime there are posts marked as NEW, which I already viewed before on another machine.

If there is non yet, where in the source would you advice me to begin if you want to make one?
Anonymous User
Re: Store LastVisited in Database
January 25, 2004 04:41PM
phorum5 has the new-flags stored in the database.

its not just a lastvisited entry, there's really each read post saved (up to a given limit).

January 29, 2004 02:34PM
The problem is, I can't use phorum5, as I spent a *lot* of efforts to integrate it with Mantis, and I do not want to use it, as there are some things I like better in phorum3.

How difficult would it be to back-port that to phorum3? Or is it perhaps even planned by the team?
Anonymous User
January 29, 2004 11:31PM
phorum3 doesn't get any further enhancements, its in bugfixing-only mode ... so no, thats not planned and I guess its rather difficult.

February 03, 2004 05:44PM
> as there are some things I like better in phorum3.

Which features specifically?
The only major difference I could see was that Phorum 5 didn't support a fully featured threading mode like Phorum 3. However, this has now been addressed and Phorum 5 should soon exceed Phorum 3 in every way.

If you could list which features you prefer in Phorum 3 it would probably be of use to the development team.

Regards,

/\dam
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.