Firefox PHP

delete posts by ip

Posted by thaw 
delete posts by ip
September 30, 2003 04:33AM
someone should make a mod to allow the admin to delete posts through the admin interface by ip address.

this would work wonders for those who use boards that don't require registration and want to get rid of posts by annoying people.

Re: delete posts by ip
September 30, 2003 09:54PM
thaw, you're gonna be happy

1) look in the finished mods phorum for my "Search by IP" add-on, which is actually a replacement to search.php

2) install that and you'll notice the new checkbox in the search page, simply enter an IP address and you'll get a list of all posts under that IP

3) I am currently working on adding a check box to the search.php that would be available to mods only and would "delete search results"

now granted it's not really cool when you have a lot of mods, but if you're by yourself it's pretty safe. I wasn't gonna post that 2nd mod to the phorum, but if you want it, let me know. I should be able to finish it tonight or at worse by the end of the week.

Jeff
October 02, 2003 02:12AM
yea installed that search by ip add-on. works great. when you have that delete serch results add-on finished, please let me know! :)
March 10, 2004 04:37AM
Hey, I just finished hardening the Server here and i was wondering if someone that knows how to hack webservers can try and hack my server. most likely he won't succeed but i wont to make sure i did a good job. My site is www.parkavebmw.com As i said the site is bullet proof but you can never be too sure.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.