Firefox PHP

Checking Phorum to Cookie to indicate if new posts were ...

Posted by Matthew Anderson 
Checking Phorum to Cookie to indicate if new posts were ...
April 25, 2001 10:09PM
Hi there. I am usually the type to beat projects like this up until I get it right, but my time is scarce.

I would like to be able to have a little script check the Phorum, using the information in the cookie (just like the normal "are there new posts?" script does in Phorum) at the front page of my website, nowhere near the phorum. If there aren't any new posts, nothing happens, but if there are, I would like to have it spit out an image (or whatever the user wants) that says "New posts!" so that users do not have to navigate into the forum before they know whether or not there's anything new to read. It will also discourage bookmarking the phorum directly, therefore increasing traffic to the face of the website itself.

This could be a simple cut and paste expidition. But I don't think so, given the dependencies on the rest of the Phorum code. Can anyone sort through this and give me an expert's opinion on what to do? Thanks! :)

-Matt
Re: Checking Phorum to Cookie to indicate if new posts were ...
April 26, 2001 01:13AM
i belive that there is new posts in new document hack, that can be adopted to work with what you need.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.