Firefox PHP

Phorum 5.2.22 released

Phorum 5.2.22 released
October 27, 2016 05:58AM
I'm happy to announce our latest stable release Phorum 5.2.22.

It is a bug fix release over 5.2.21 fixing some issues reported (including patches, thanks folks!) and other collected changes since the last release.

You can download this new release from our downloads page or our github page.

• Redirect to index.php when there's no query string (fixing #1000).
  • Replaced shortened array syntax as of PHP 5.4.
  • Workaround for corrupted serialized meta data. When database encoding changed from single to multibyte character set unserialize function fails for data with multibyte characters.
  • Check banlists for addon.php.
  • random_int function defined too late.
  • Force password change option. Start of renovation of our password system. First step: New administrator option to force a password change for individual or all users via the control center. After reload a page or after logging-in
    the user lands directly on the (already existing) "change password" dialog in the control center. A message in a red box says "For security reasons, you are required to change your password.". The user can only move inside the control center until he changed the password. Every other link is redirected to the change password dialog.
  • Filter link for IP address in user admin panel. Provides an IP address filter clickable link without opening "details". Provided by Scott Finegan.

Template changes:
  • Changed some indents and removed comment to closed trac issue 213.
  • Unnecessary closing div removed.
  • Revision of emerald template.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
Re: Phorum 5.2.22 released
October 28, 2016 06:47AM
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your hard work! Very much appreciated.

I've been using phorum since 2007 (droominfo.nl/phorum). Is an update of the phorum javascript on (your) roadmap? Phorum's javascript still uses methods based on jquery 1.6. The rest of my website is already on jQuery2.

It would also be super if Phorum could be made ready for php7.

kind regards,

Marco Troost
October 28, 2016 07:10AM
Hi Marco,

marco.troost
It would also be super if Phorum could be made ready for php7.

I don't have information about issues with php7. The few problems addressed in our support forums are solved.

There are few tasks concerning depreciated functions (eregi; magic_quotes; split and mysql_escape_string), but they don't avoid to use php7...

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
October 28, 2016 08:16AM
That's great news.

Any ideas on updating the javascript of Phorum? I'm planning on using a theme throughout my site that utilizes the latest jquery.
If i integrate jQuery 2.2.2 in my phorum templates, i get javascript errors ...

grtz Marco
October 28, 2016 09:41AM
Hi Marco,

marco.troost
Any ideas on updating the javascript of Phorum? I'm planning on using a theme throughout my site that utilizes the latest jquery. If i integrate jQuery 2.2.2 in my phorum templates, i get javascript errors ...

Can you perhaps open a new issue in github and list the javascript errors?

Regards
Oliver

October 28, 2016 01:16PM
Hi Oliver,

Allright, i'll post comments following the link you provided.

grtz Marco
October 29, 2016 03:25AM
HI Oliver,

I've just copied all the new files (on localhost) over the existing phorum-files. When i visit /admin and log on, i get the following message:

Table 'homestead.phorum_user_custom_fields' doesn't exist (1146): SELECT * FROM phorum_user_custom_fields WHERE user_id IN (1)

and indeed, the table doesn't seem to exist.

Can you tell what is the matter?

thank you for your time,

regards, Marco
October 29, 2016 08:29AM
Marco, your live site shows at [www.droominfo.nl] that you are using 5.3-dev version.
So a 5.2.x install would actually be a downgrade, which is not supported and therefore you got a not-matching database version.

Thomas Seifert
November 01, 2016 12:18PM
Thanks for good update!

P.S. Wanna see better antispam in future versions, it is quite bad nod.
November 28, 2016 04:34AM
Hi SneakBug8,

please use additionally the Stop Forum Spam Module.

Regards
Oliver

December 01, 2016 05:28PM
I second that — the Stop Forum Spam service works very well against known spammers. It was instrumental for me in a recent fight against spammers and ends up blocking approximately 50 users a day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login