Firefox PHP

Phorum Development has moved to Github

Posted by Thomas Seifert 
Phorum Development has moved to Github
July 01, 2011 05:32AM
As proposed before we've moved our revision control from subversion to git and that git repository together with the bug tracking to Github. It seems like github issue tracking doesn't support attachments now but the bugs from trac were imported over there on June 11th.

The new url is
https://github.com/Phorum/Core

Please bear with us while we are working on getting our release scripts, published urls and similar up to speed with that change.
For questions regarding how to use git or github I'll have to point you to the github help pages for now.

Our trac install will be kept online for the time being but we won't put new content into it and it won't be updated to show recent commits from github. The same applies for our subversion repository.

Thomas Seifert
rfc
Re: Phorum Development has moved to Github
July 01, 2011 09:57AM
Since the trac tickets are taken from the snapshot of 11th June, are you going to import the rest too or shall users individually propagate them?
July 01, 2011 10:00AM
I can't import only a part of them and one full import takes like 4 hours with the rate limiting in their api.
Hence I might just manually copy&paste the remaining 2 or 3 tickets.

Thomas Seifert
rfc
July 01, 2011 10:17AM
July 03, 2011 03:10AM
Congrats
July 03, 2011 09:38AM
@rfc: I copied over the 3 tickets since the snapshot now.

Thomas Seifert
July 28, 2011 02:52PM
I am trying to firgue out how to use Github to keep my phorum updated.

After doing some searching and reading some docs, it seem that Github support SVN but I tried SVN co [github.com] and only get a path not found error.

How does one update using Github? I don't see way to download the latest revision and can anyone help me out here?

Thank youi

Bill
August 01, 2011 08:01AM
Your SVN url is wrong but you shouldn't use SVN to access the repository either. It doesn't allow you to specify the branch and you would download the development version and not the intended 5.2 branch.
You should use git to create a local repository and "pull" the changes into it.

Thomas Seifert
September 09, 2011 12:44PM
CBill, you would have to clone the branch you want. I can't remember if you are using 5.3 or 5.2. For 5.2, you would:
git clone -b phorum_5_2 git@github.com:Phorum/Core.git your_directory_name
Then you would issue git pull after that to keep it updated.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
October 22, 2013 04:40AM
Hi,

Thomas Seifert
As proposed before we've moved our revision control from subversion to git and that git repository together with the bug tracking to Github.

I've moved all my PHORUM modules to github too:
[github.com]

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login