Firefox PHP

Smarty to phorum?

Posted by jorgealexander 
Smarty to phorum?
November 26, 2009 08:40AM
I am using smarty template engine on a website, which uses a header.tpl file, which I would like to use on the phorum template. Is there any easy way to do this?
Thanks,
Jorge
Re: Smarty to phorum?
November 26, 2009 02:02PM
Not really. Phorum templates and Smarty templates are a different beast and won't integrate without doing some integration work.

You would first have to create a header.tpl for Phorum in which you load the smarty system and parse the smarty template.

After that, you would have to extend the smarty header to include all required bits for Phorum. In the header.tpl of Phorum you will see a lot of dynamically added code that is required. The template data can all be found in $PHORUM['DATA'] and you'd have to let your smarty template include these bits when included from the Phorum environment.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Re: Smarty to phorum?
December 04, 2009 05:38AM
jorgealexander
I am using smarty template engine on a website, which uses a header.tpl file, which I would like to use on the phorum template. Is there any easy way to do this?

Open a page using that page, view source of that page, select the part that the template is outputting, copy and then paste that to Phorums header template. Change as you see fit.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login