Posted by sheik 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
subscribers_1.0.2.zip 5.8 KB open | download sheik 10/17/2012 Read message
example_control_panel.png 92.5 KB open | download sheik 10/17/2012 Read message
Module: Premium Subscribers
October 17, 2012 05:45PM
From the ReadMe:
This module introduces the concept of "subscribers" or "supporters" of your forums.
These could be users that are helpful, people who have donated money or something else - the point being that using this module you can make them "premium subscribers" and provide benefits to them accordingly.
I wrote this module to allow supporters of my site to (optionally) hide the affiliate adverts and Google adverts that keep my site funded.

Currently, there are three "custom profile fields" which you must add via the Phorum Admin system.
These are:
1) subscription_expiry - this defaults to a year in the future when you add a subscriber.
Once the subscription expiry date has been reached, the user is no longer considered to be a subscriber by this module.
2) subscriber - you never alter this directly, the module determines whether a user is a subscriber based on subscription_expiry
3) hide_adverts - this custom field can be used within your templates to remove adverts for subscribers

Please see the screenshot below to see an example of how I am hooking into this module to provide my members with additional benefits.

In case it's of use, the previous Phorum 5.1.x thread is here.

I'm interested to know if anyone else ever uses this module, so please let me know by posting here.

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 05:59PM by sheik.

Attachments:
open | download - subscribers_1.0.2.zip (5.8 KB)
Re: Module: Premium Subscribers
February 12, 2013 06:00PM
Thank you :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login