Firefox PHP
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
format-email-settings.jpg 20.8 KB open | download Oliver Riesen-Mallmann 06/15/2010 Read message
format_email-1.0.1.zip 6.6 KB open | download Oliver Riesen-Mallmann 08/31/2015 Read message
format_email-1.0.1.tar.gz 4.8 KB open | download Oliver Riesen-Mallmann 08/31/2015 Read message
Module: Format Email
June 15, 2010 09:20AM
Module: Format Email
Version: 1.0.1
Author: Oliver Riesen <oliver@riesen.org>

Formats outgoing email bodies (user and moderator notifications and private mail): optional strips HTML <tags>, BBcode [tags] and bad words from censor list and wordwraps the text.

From Phorum version 5.2.21 this module is not any longer needed. Use the new "How to strip quotes in mails" setting in "General Settings".

What's the effort of this module? Phorum strips already HTML <tags>, BBcode
[tags] and bad words from censor list.

Yes, but Phorum does it always. With this module you can choose if you want to
strip or not.

Tested on version 5.2.20

License:

Free to use, modify, or redistribute this code so long as I am given credit for the original development somewhere. This code comes with absolutely no warranty.

Requirements:

Minimum Phorum version: 5.2.8, maximum Phorum version: 5.2.20.

Installation:

1. Unpack the archive.

2. Move the directory "format_email" to the directory "mods" within your Phorum installation. Don't change the directory name!

3. Login as administrator in Phorum's administrative interface and go to the "Modules" section.

4. Enable the module "Format Email".

5. Go to the module settings, change and save the options.

Module settings:

Strip HTML <tags>?

If this option is marked HTML tags are striped from the body. This is the default behavior of Phorum.

The default value is "checked".

Strip BBCode [tags]?

If this option is marked BBCode tags are striped from the body. This is the default behavior of Phorum.

Replace bad words from censor list?

If this option is marked bad words from censor list are replaced in the body. This is the default behavior of Phorum.

Wordwrap

If this option is marked the body ist wordwrap (72 characters per line).

The default value is "unchecked".

Language support:

This module doesn't contain any language text.

Sanity Checks:

If you have problems with this module login as administrator in Phorum's administrative interface and go to the "System Sanity Checks" section. Check for warnings or errors for the Format Email Module.

The following check is performed:

- Phorum version is 5.2.8 or greater?
- Phorum version is lower then 5.2.21?
- Does module settings exists?

Changelog:

2010/06/15 version 1.0.0 Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Initial release for Phorum 5.2.

2015/08/28 version 1.0.1 Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- From Phorum version 5.2.21 this module is not any longer needed. Use the new "How to strip quotes in mails" setting in "General Settings".
- Sanity check "Phorum version is to high" added.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 07:46AM by Oliver Riesen.

Attachments:
open | download - format_email-1.0.1.zip (6.6 KB)
open | download - format_email-1.0.1.tar.gz (4.8 KB)
Re: Module: Format Email
July 17, 2010 10:28AM
Oliver Riesen
Wordwrap

If this option is marked the body ist wordwrap (72 characters per line).

The default value is "unchecked".

Hey Oliver, I have this installed and and checked and it is not working. Posts made to my phorum that get emailed via the mailing list module still have paragraphs that stretch for miles with no line breaks.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
July 17, 2010 04:09PM
Hi Robert,

Robert Angle
I have this installed and and checked and it is not working. Posts made to my phorum that get emailed via the mailing list module still have paragraphs that stretch for miles with no line breaks.

I'm using my module in my production environment and it's working for me.

Perhaps a problem of the wordwrap function in PHP which is not multi byte save? Di you want to try the mb_wordwrap function mentioned in an user contribution? If this solves the problem I'll extend my module.

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
August 31, 2015 07:47AM
2015/08/28 version 1.0.1 Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- From Phorum version 5.2.21 this module is not any longer needed. Use the new
  "How to strip quotes in mails" setting in "General Settings".
- Sanity check "Phorum version is to high" added.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login