Firefox PHP

Module: Forum Subscriptions

Posted by Joe Curia 
Re: Module: Forum Subscriptions
April 17, 2013 07:46AM
I've just looked up and read your message.
I noticed the same functioning.

The reason was incorrect check of user read permissions for forums.

In mods/forum_subscriptions/forum_subscriptions_after_post.php

phorum_api_user_check_access(PHORUM_USER_ALLOW_READ, PHORUM_ACCESS_LIST, $user_id)

and

phorum_api_user_check_access(PHORUM_USER_ALLOW_READ, PHORUM_ACCESS_LIST, $user_id)

didn't return the correct results.

I've rewritten those parts.

If anyone is interested I can submit my bug fixes of this module.
Attachments and store_files_on_disk module...
September 19, 2013 09:48PM
I guess I just was always too busy to look, but it seems that with that module the attachments are not being attached.
I just now saw this, i will attempt to debug and see if maybe replacing the attachment string with the full path to were images are stored will enable the mailer to attache the file.
will follow up when I have more info.
Thanks again for the module, joe!

I was digging around and maybe I need to find the store_files_on_disk.1.1.1, I have 1.1.0, off to search to see if I can find the changes or the module.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2013 10:40PM by Rob Granger.
Re: Attachments and store_files_on_disk module...
September 19, 2013 10:58PM
I updated my save file on disk to the 1.1.1 version and it seems that the phorum_db_file_get is not pulling the data from the file system. I will try and do more digging.

Joe, would it be possible to add a link to the file instead of attaching the attachment? I have allow links and it seems like this would be the easy solution to avoid having to deal iwth the store_files_on_disk module. Now that I have really downsized, I should disable that but I don't want to lose the attachments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2013 11:50PM by Rob Granger.
April 22, 2015 11:39AM
I've been having problems with this module for a little while now and can't work out what's going on.

My forum is seeing the same 'illegal string offset' errors mentioned by yupri in this post. I changed line 483 of db_functions.php to return DB_RETURN_ASSOCS instead of DB_RETURN_ASSOC. This got rid of the errors but the module still wouldn't send out emails (this was my basic problem to start with).

I've turned on debugging and looked at the output through the Event Logging module. The only users ever to receive emails seem to be those who have subscribed to all forums. Anyone who's subscribed to individual forums doesn't seem to receive messages. Individual subscriptions do work for my own account, but I wonder whether that might be because I'm an admin.

I'm at a bit of a loss to explain what's happening, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it.

If it's relevant, I'm using a once-per-minute cron job that works perfectly for other forum-related tasks (e.g. importing via External Phorummail).
July 21, 2015 10:34AM
The Forum Subscriptions module is working better now that I've moved my Phorum to another server, but I've realised that notifications don't get through to Gmail users.The same is true for virginmedia and ntlworld addresses, which run on the Google Apps mail platform. I've done the usual checking of Google's Spam/Promotions/All Mail folders – the messages really aren't arriving.

I've experimented by changing my own Phorum account to use a few non-Google addresses and, sure enough, the notifications come through almost instantly. The Event Logging module also seems to confirm that the messages are at least being sent in each case, so it's the recipient end that doesn't like the content. What a pain.

Just sharing here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login