Firefox PHP

Module: Forum Subscriptions

Posted by Joe Curia 
Re: Module: Forum Subscriptions : Collecting digests in one email?
February 24, 2011 09:16AM
I am wondering whether anybody has tried to collect digests in one single mail in case the user has signed up for several forums. It would help to unclutter mailboxes.
Re: Module: Forum Subscriptions : Collecting digests in one email?
February 25, 2011 10:33AM
Joe, please let me know if you want to include my hack that allows to restrict users to only get notified from forums which belong to their groups (when they choose the "All" option). Thanks.
Re: Module: Forum Subscriptions
March 11, 2011 10:36AM
I understand that you currently focus more on your recent family addition than on Phorum. In case you have a free minute for contemplation I wanted to suggest the improvement of the daily digest mode by listing and numbering the topics on the top of the digest. It becomes a challenge to find anything within large digests. Thanks for your consideration!
April 11, 2011 07:56AM
Hi,

This module currently does not support private group forums subscription. i.e. If I create a group and all forums under this group with no public and registered users (private forum) and only add certain users into this group, those users will not get email notification about new threads and/or replies under those private group forums.

I check the related code in forum_subscriptions_after_post.php:
Language: PHP
  1. // if there are no subscribers then we are done
  2. if (empty($subscribers)) return $data;
  4. $user_ids = array();
  5. foreach ($subscribers as $subscriber) {
  6. // if the user does not have read access to this forum
  7. // or the user only wants new threads and this is a reply
  8. // then we are done
  9. if(!phorum_api_user_check_access(PHORUM_USER_ALLOW_READ, $data["forum_id"], $subscriber["user_id"])
  10. || (!empty($data["parent_id"]) && $subscriber["sub_type"] == PHORUM_MOD_FORUM_SUB_SUBSCRIBE_NEW_THREAD)) continue;
  12. $user_ids[$subscriber["user_id"]] = $subscriber["user_id"];
  13. }
  15. // if there are no valid subscribers then we are done
  16. if (empty($user_ids)) return $data;

I believe I need to add in phorum_api_user_check_group_access() somewhere in order to support private group forums subscription?

I hope I can explain it better... ... :(

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon
April 12, 2011 02:48PM
choon
I believe I need to add in phorum_api_user_check_group_access() somewhere in order to support private group forums subscription?
Nevermind for now. I found a way and hacked this module to support private group now ;)

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon
June 28, 2011 07:24PM
I just freshly installed this module to an up-to-date Phorum installation but don't get the settings page up.

Somehow, the module stops after require_once ("./mods/forum_subscriptions/db_functions.php");

START of "settings.php
<?php // Make sure that this script is loaded from the admin interface. if(!defined("PHORUM_ADMIN")) return;   global $PHORUM;   // pull in the mail queue database functions require_once ("./mods/forum_subscriptions/db_functions.php");

Could anybody please give me a hint what might be wrong?
Wanted: Forum Subscriptions Expert
July 01, 2011 10:28AM
I removed
require_once ("./mods/forum_subscriptions/db_functions.php");
and the settings page works now.

Is there anybody out there who might be able to assist me with a modification of this module? I have already added the code.
Re: Wanted: Forum Subscriptions Expert
July 01, 2011 11:41AM
"somehow ... stops" doesn't really give a hint and removing the db functions isn't helpful either. Get your php error logs to show you the error occuring.

Thomas Seifert
Re: Wanted: Forum Subscriptions Expert
July 01, 2011 01:37PM
Here is the error message I received within my error logs:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in .../mods/forum_subscriptions/forum_subscriptions_scheduled.php on line 86

: unset($PHORUM["phorum_mod_forum_subscriptions"]["pre_run_forums_by_digest"][PHORUM_MOD_FORUM_SUB_FREQUENCY_DAILY]); :

After commenting out this line it seems to work again. Thanks for your quick reply, Thomas.
September 29, 2011 04:42PM
Having an issue when using the global set options to receive email or digests for "All Forums", which should set the option the same for all forums. When using the global setting, users will never get email or digests. When users select the forums individually for their preferences, emails and digests are sent normally. Has anyone run into this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login