Firefox PHP

Module: BBCode Flash

Posted by Robert Angle 
Re: Module: BBCode Flash
October 22, 2010 04:56PM
Hey Robert,

I tried what you said with the youtube module , but that never worked :) it just spits out the full URL now.

but i am now happy with your flash_mod , its fantastic :)
Thankyou so much,

Samuel.
October 22, 2010 05:31PM
I tried the URL in a local copy of the module and it did work when leaving out the &... bit at the end. I hope to be working on a new version of the video module this weekend (renaming it to Embed Video, only for Phorum 5.2.16 or higher). I will take care of handling this URL correctly too.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
December 19, 2010 07:36PM
Why does it use the
[flash=http://www.YourSite.com/FlashFile.swf]width=500 height=500[/flash]
notation, not
[flash width=500 height=500]http://www.YourSite.com/FlashFile.swf[/flash]
like the rest of BBs do ?
I was trying to integrate Rich Object BBCode Constructor with the Phorum, but looks like it's not going to be easy :(
December 20, 2010 02:54AM
trof
Why does it use the
[flash=http://www.YourSite.com/FlashFile.swf]width=500 height=500[/flash]
notation, not
[flash width=500 height=500]http://www.YourSite.com/FlashFile.swf[/flash]
like the rest of BBs do ?
I was trying to integrate Rich Object BBCode Constructor with the Phorum, but looks like it's not going to be easy :(

For the sole reason that I have only ever test driven 2 BB's, and stuck with phorum and having been using it since 2006. I've never seen another Flash module in my life, nor been in a discussion group that uses other software that had a BBCode module.

It should be an easy fix for you though. Open up the bbcode_flash.php file, and find this part...

Language: PHP
// Handle Flash with some attributes. $search[] = "/\[flash=(.+)\](.+)\[\/flash\]/is"; $replace[] = "<br/><object $2><param name=\"movie\" value=\"$1\"/><embed src=\"$1\" $2></embed></object><br/>";

... and change the $1 to $2 and the $2 to $1 in each occurrence, so it looks like this....

Language: PHP
// Handle Flash with some attributes. $search[] = "/\[flash=(.+)\](.+)\[\/flash\]/is"; $replace[] = "<br/><object $1><param name=\"movie\" value=\"$2\"/><embed src=\"$2\" $1></embed></object><br/>";

That ought to make it work the way you want it to.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
August 30, 2011 07:17PM
Hi. I'm trying to alter this file since I can actually make it work with Soundcloud. But I see nowhere in the code where the default sizes are set. I want to change them to the default soundcloud sizes.

Actually, the readme says it's version 1.0 even though I downloaded 1.1. Was 1.1 scrapped or is that just a type-o?

Refer to this thread to see what I'm attempting to accomplish.

I think if I edit this mod slightly, and rename it, it should work. Am I barking up the wrong tree?
August 31, 2011 04:39AM
rchecka
Hi. I'm trying to alter this file since I can actually make it work with Soundcloud. But I see nowhere in the code where the default sizes are set. I want to change them to the default soundcloud sizes.

Actually, the readme says it's version 1.0 even though I downloaded 1.1. Was 1.1 scrapped or is that just a type-o?

Refer to this thread to see what I'm attempting to accomplish.

I think if I edit this mod slightly, and rename it, it should work. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

No you are not barking up the wrong tree. This module is actually a hack of Maurice's BBCode Video module.

While I haven't read that other thread, you can change the default sizes on line 15. Change height=385 width=480 to whatever you want them to be specifically. Notice that there are 2 occurences of height=385 width=480 on line 15. You need to change them both.

And yes, that was a typo. I forgot to change that part in the README file.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login