Firefox PHP

Module: Spam Hurdles 2, release candidate - testers welcome

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Spam Hurdles 2, beta - testers welcome
June 18, 2010 05:17PM
This code was written outside my tent under the Polish sun, while barbecuing some saucage-like meat. It must be good!
Thanks for testing.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
June 21, 2010 04:14PM
Maurice,

I may have found a bug: with version 2.0.0-beta of spam hurdles module, the registration does not work if the type of CAPTCHA is set to "reCAPTCHA". Nothing is displayed where it should in the registration form.
I tried different settings, nothing works.
I tested back my reCAPTCHA keys with version 1.1.6 of the module: it works fine.

This is not a big issue, as I switched to another type of captcha, but I thought you might want to test by yourself?

Cactus : [www.cactuspro.com]
June 21, 2010 08:21PM
Yeah, I will look into it. Thanks for the notice!

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
June 22, 2010 12:32PM
There is a bug in the class.captcha_recaptcha.php program - see my earlier post. I was able to get it working with just a couple of changes.
June 23, 2010 03:38AM
Darn, I must have totally overlooked that bugfix. I incorporated it in version 2.0.1 of the module. Thanks, David!

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
noe
June 27, 2010 06:03PM
Hi,

After updating to the latest spam hurdles version (v2.0.1) my users aren't able to send pm's anymore (no matter if I enable or disable spam hurdles options for PM).
They get this message: "The data that you have submitted to the server have been rejected, because it looks like they were posted by an automated bot"
June 28, 2010 01:59PM
What exact version of Phorum are you running?
Does the same thing happen with the default Emerald template?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
noe
June 28, 2010 02:07PM
Maurice Makaay
What exact version of Phorum are you running?
Does the same thing happen with the default Emerald template?

Phorum Version: 5.2.15a

Hm ... I've to try if it happens with the original emerald template (I only have a modified emerald template).
But everything worked perfect for me before updating to the latest spam hurdles version.
June 28, 2010 02:29PM
Yeah, but the SpamHurdles v2 adds protection of the PM system, which was not available in v1 of the module. I don't remember if there were template changes needed for the new PM protection.

If things don't work out, you should at least be able to disable the PM checking by modifying the info.txt and commenting out the pm related hooks.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
noe
June 28, 2010 03:24PM
Maurice Makaay
Yeah, but the SpamHurdles v2 adds protection of the PM system, which was not available in v1 of the module. I don't remember if there were template changes needed for the new PM protection.

If things don't work out, you should at least be able to disable the PM checking by modifying the info.txt and commenting out the pm related hooks.

Oh perhaps I schould have said, that I only updated from v2.0.0 to v2.0.1.
So before this update, there were no problems at all...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login