Firefox PHP

Module: External Phorummail

Posted by Thomas Seifert 
Re: Module: External Phorummail
October 10, 2010 02:20AM
Well, I would guess that you simply reuploaded wrong files.

Don't hack libraries out of a wild guess. You didn't correct the line, you changed it in a way thats not intended.
Also you didn't post the first line of the error message, where its showing the file/folder name.

Thomas Seifert
October 10, 2010 11:21AM
Thomas, I just made again a fresh install, the problems remain. My ISP told me it was a script issue. This is the email confirmation for an executed cronjob:

Language: PHP
<br /> <b>Warning</b>: mkdir() [<a href=';function.mkdir';>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied in <b>.../mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parts/file_parser.php</b> on line <b>147</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: fopen(/tmp11093-1/P1040407.JPG) [<a href=';function.fopen';>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>.../mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parts/file_parser.php</b> on line <b>154</b><br />

The following warning comes from the Event Module:
User info:   Anonymous user User IP address =   Additional details:   Message:   PHP warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource   PHP warning generated at .../mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parts/file_parser.php:253   Back trace:   Function fclose called at {path to Phorum}/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parts/file_parser.php:253 ---- Function finish called at {path to Phorum}/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parts/multipart_parser.php:146 ---- Function parseBody called at {path to Phorum}/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parts/rfc822_parser.php:102 ---- Function parseBody called at {path to Phorum}/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Mail/src/parser/parser.php:236 ---- Function parseMail called at {path to Phorum}/mods/ext_phorummail/ext_phorummail.php:108 ---- Function phorum_ext_phorummail_scheduled called ---- Function call_user_func called at {path to Phorum}/common.php:1693 ---- Function phorum_hook called at {path to Phorum}/script.php:248

In an older post (Ext. Mail you suggested to do the following:
Try the following changed (untested):
find all occurences (there should be 2 of them) of
Language:
PHP$parser = new ezcMailParser();

and add the following line afterwards
Language:
PHP$parser->setTmpDir($PHORUM["cache"]);

It should store all temporary stuff in the phorum defined cache directory afterwards.

Do you still suggest this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 11:37AM by korsakov.
October 10, 2010 11:45AM
Thomas suggested the following as a fix.
$parser->setTmpDir($PHORUM["cache"]."/");
Why not simply listen and try that instead of making up your own theories?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 10, 2010 12:13PM
Or use version 2.1.4 of this module which I just uploaded to this thread.
Thats the only change in this version.

Thomas Seifert
October 10, 2010 01:11PM
Great and thanks! It works now! Do you think I have a better chance to succeed with the Mailing list module? The incoming messages used to bounce back to the address I entered within the module from Oliver...
October 10, 2010 01:17PM
Thats not my module and I can't comment on it - even more not in this thread.

note by Maurice (to not clutter this thread further): And even more: I already told you what the probable issue was with the bounces in the respective thread. You clearly did not understand the answer, but I can tell you that this new module will not change a thing, since it is totally unrelated. The issue is not a software bug, but a mailing list administration issue.

Thomas Seifert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 01:35PM by Maurice Makaay.
October 10, 2010 04:24PM
I understand but within your module you have the option
Push to Mailing List Module

It says:
You must have the Mailing List Module installed for this to work. After messages are imported, they will be turned over to the Mailing List module to be distributed. Never ending mail loops should not be an issue because this module marks the email with a custom header.
which links it to the Mailing list.

I just was wondering how I can check on this custom header in order to make sure there won't be an endless loop.
October 10, 2010 04:29PM
Are you experiencing an endless loop?
If yes, then there might be a bug.
If not, then please explain why you think that you need to check on it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 10, 2010 04:33PM
I experienced it with the last version of Thomas module. I don't want to tease that listserver administrator another time and thought I might be able to proof these messages before I'll send them over to Oliver's module again.
October 10, 2010 04:39PM
I wrote that portion of the module because I needed it for my particular setup, which is unique, and you may not need yourself. Thomas graciously included my alterations in an updated version of his module.

External Phorummail adds it's own custom header, so that if it finds it's way into the pop3 account again, it will not get imported a 2nd time.

Normally, without that option checked, External Phorummail will import the message from the email account and then that's all. When you check that option to push to the Mailing List Module, then the Mailing List Module is activated after posting so that the imported email gets sent out to whatever the destination address is.

If you are using Phorum to archive a mailing list, you do not need to check this option, because people post and reply to the mailing list, and the designated pop3 account is just a member of that list for the sake of importing messages and activity into Phorum.

If you are allowing members to post on the web via your Phorum, the mailing list module will send their posts and replies out to the mailing list for distribution to all subscribers.

If you, like me, want to offer some privacy by hiding your users email addresses from others on the email list, then you have people email the pop3 account instead of the mailing list address (which is set to announcement only with your admin email being the only one allowed to post) and have Oliver's Mailing List module push all activity to the mailing list address.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login