Firefox PHP

Module: Register To Group

Posted by Thomas Seifert 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
register_to_group-v1.0.0.zip 3 KB open | download Thomas Seifert 10/11/2009 Read message
register_to_group-v1.0.0.tar.gz 2 KB open | download Thomas Seifert 10/11/2009 Read message
register_to_group-v1.0.0.tar.bz2 2 KB open | download Thomas Seifert 10/11/2009 Read message
Module: Register To Group
July 21, 2009 07:30PM
Due to popular demand ...
Attached is a simple module which allows the administrator to define one or multiple groups where users should be added to on registration and the status with which they should be added to the group.
This module works directly on registration. It doesn't take any confirmation/activation status in account.

Have fun with it :-).

v1.0 09-10-2009 - added bugfixes from waldhol below

Thomas Seifert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 04:10PM by Thomas Seifert.
Attachments:
open | download - register_to_group-v1.0.0.zip (3 KB)
open | download - register_to_group-v1.0.0.tar.gz (2 KB)
open | download - register_to_group-v1.0.0.tar.bz2 (2 KB)
Re: Module: Register To Group
August 31, 2009 03:55AM
Thanks for the mod, that's what I was looking for.

Unfortunately it's not working, because the name of the second select_tag is wrong.
Copy+Paste error ;-)

This is wrong:
$frm->addrow("Add A Group", $frm->select_tag("new_group", $arr).$frm->select_tag("group_perm[$group_id]", $group_options, 0));

This is correct:
$frm->addrow("Add A Group", $frm->select_tag("new_group", $arr).$frm->select_tag("new_group_permission", $group_options, 0));

Additionally the ", 0" should either be omitted or replaced by PHORUM_USER_GROUP_UNAPPROVED.
Using the numeric value instead of named constants is not safe.

Holger
October 11, 2009 09:30AM
added a new release with these fixes.

Thomas Seifert
December 09, 2016 03:14AM
So I think I could use this in combination w/the Moderated User Group Module. Help me understand if I got this right.

I can configure a user group called "new Users" and then specify w/the other module that all new messages of theirs will be moderated.
December 09, 2016 04:06AM
Hi Curtis,

I don't use this modules but I think this combination works for you.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
December 15, 2016 02:58AM
Yes it does!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login