Firefox PHP

Module: PDF Pages

Posted by Thomas Seifert 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
pdfpages-1.0.3.zip 403.7 KB open | download Thomas Seifert 04/04/2017 Read message
Module: PDF Pages
April 23, 2009 04:01AM
This module will add an addon page which generates and returns a pdf for a given thread in a plain readable format using TCPDF ( [www.tecnick.com] ). Attachments are added as links to the PDF.
It overrides the "Printview" link in the thread to make the addon url accessible.

Currently only the UTF-8 charset is supported and images in the body are removed as the underlying library doesn't work well with remote and dynamic images.

Some ideas for future enhancements:
---------------------------------------------------
- add formatting options through a setting screen
- make images work (for a sane solution it would require to download the images and replace the img-tags in the body)
- make full forum pdfs with internal links
- add internal links to each message and a ToC (like shown in [www.tecnick.com] , No. 45)
- add file attachments to pdf (like shown in [www.tecnick.com] , No. 41)

Demo: just try the Printview links here in the forums.

Thomas Seifert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 04:10AM by Thomas Seifert.
Attachments:
open | download - pdfpages-1.0.3.zip (403.7 KB)
Re: Module: PDF Pages
August 09, 2009 05:35AM
Hi Thomas and thank you for this module but I have a problem with

This is the return message
Fatal error: Call to undefined function phorum_get_url() in /.../mods/pdfpages/pdfpages.php on line 245

What do you think about?
Have a great day
Martine
Re: Module: PDF Pages vs Tidy Output
August 25, 2009 02:52PM
Just for the record, the module entitled "Tidy Output" must be turned off for the module "PDF Pages" to work.

(Other than that, I would love to see images in the document supported).

- Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 02:42PM by Dismal_Bliss.
Re: Module: PDF Pages vs Tidy Output
August 26, 2009 02:27PM
Well, any takers or sponsors? ;-)

I'm not using this module (yet) and therefore I don't have too much interest in developing it further (yet).
This might change when I start using it (maybe in half a year or so) or if there is more interest in it.

Thomas Seifert
September 20, 2010 01:53PM
Hi,
I prefer to use "PDF pages" module over normal "Print View" because it "generates and returns a pdf for a given thread" where and the normal print view will give me only the print view of the current message - in the "mixed and fixed" view I am using for our forum.
I have two minor issues with this forum - which if fixed would have been great.
1) It is fine that it is not printing images, but it does print the html that is used to display the images which are part of "Rate this thread" module. (I am using the excellent "Rate this thread" module as well). If there was a way that this PDF Pages module not to print the (i.e. disable "Rate this thread" module and then print the) html associated with "Rate this thread" module, then it would have been great. Is there a simple tweak or hack possible?
2) I am using some simple html as part of my forum title as well. This module prints that html also as is. If there is a way to avoid this too, I would be much thankful.
I have a doubt - certainly this module to work properly "Tidy Output" module should be turned off. Does this have any side effect? i.e. Is it that the work done by "Tidy output" (i.e. removes unneeded white space from Phorum's output) will be now handled by this module?
Anyway, thanks for this excellent module. In the current state itself it is better than the normal "Print view" since it "generates and returns a pdf for a given thread".
Please help.
Regards,
Sreenadh
January 25, 2012 11:09AM
I wanna disable this for users not logged in, so that it returns a message that they need to log in to grab the PDF, or returns an empty PDF.

It seems some simple code in this script ought to do (like if user_id is empty or something). Can you please help instruct me?

if user_id (of the requester) is empty (or not logged in) then,
PDF = plain and boring and empty
else
generate PDF as normal.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
April 03, 2012 09:27AM
Hi,

Is there a Mod for PDFs that allow users to upload them to a forum?
The attachment feature in Phorum seems to be limited to images...

•Valid attachments: gif, jpg, png, gz, zip, bz2, php, tpl, txt
•No file can be larger than 850 KB
•3 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Also, is there a mod that increases the file limit?
Thanks!
:-) joan
April 03, 2012 09:42AM
You can change the file size limit on the admin page. You will have some limit of maximum size due to the server and php configuration. Run phpinfo() to see what your limits are.
April 03, 2012 05:42PM
Most options are settable in the Phorum/Admin. (multiple places possible default settings, or a specific forum)
File size has multiple places where it might be restricted.
mysql
php
Phorum
.htaccess

Increase the file size in Phorum/admin if you hit a limit Phorum usually lets you know.
Phorum also keeps you under the max size available by a safe margin.

Don't forget you will need to back up all of those huge attachments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2016 08:28AM by Scott Finegan.
May 19, 2016 04:33AM
New Version:

2016/05/19 version 1.0.1 by Oliver Riesen-Mallmann (oliver@riesen.org)
- Changed URL to module thread.
- README extended.
- Corrected some undefined index notices.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login