Posted by tiger23 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
deletemyself.tar.gz 1.9 KB open | download tiger23 03/25/2009 Read message
deletemyself.zip 2.7 KB open | download SchoolAngels 06/13/2009 Read message
Module: Delete Myself
January 09, 2009 04:38PM
Hello,

I wrote a module to allow users to delete themselfes (because I didn't find one). It doesn't delete them but locks them instead, which allows the admin to re-enable the account later if it was an accident or the user wants to come back. In addition it adds a signature to the profile of the user telling that he have deleted himself. It consists of a confirm popup which asks the user to confirm if he really wants to do this.

The module works with phorum 5.1, I don't know if it works with 5.2 (because I'm still on 5.1).

It lacks a feature: after the user deleted himself he will just be locked out, there appears no message, that the delete worked. This is so because I don't know how to do this, sorry.

There are two language files so far: english and german_du (informal).

PS: the source contains a commented section which makes it possible to really delete a user.
Attachments:
open | download - deletemyself.tar.gz (1.9 KB)
Re: Module: Delete Myself
June 13, 2009 07:17AM
Hello,

It doesn't work with my phorum 5.2 because the file ./include/users.php doesn't exist.

Have you made evolution for 5.2 ?

Angels !
June 13, 2009 10:01AM
Hi,

I have modified your script and it seems to work. If someone detects a bug in it, please tell me.

I have made a french.php file for this module.

Thanks and see you soon !
Attachments:
open | download - deletemyself.zip (2.7 KB)
Anonymous User
August 01, 2009 04:17PM
Nice module. I wonder why it is not implemented in this phorum.
August 01, 2009 05:04PM
We never get requests by users to remove their account. And if a user wants to remove his account, then we will gladly handle that for him/her through the admin interface ourselves. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be a need for installing this module.

Please, don't start posting this kind of remark in every module thread. There are a lot of cool modules out there and we have only a few running here. We install what we think is useful. This Phorum is not a showcase installation, but an pretty standard installation for providing support to our users.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
August 03, 2009 03:04PM
ab1
Nice module. I wonder why it is not implemented in this phorum.

Like I tell my kids, because it's my Phorum.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
September 12, 2009 09:28PM
Maurice Makaay
We never get requests by users to remove their account. And if a user wants to remove his account, then we will gladly handle that for him/her through the admin interface ourselves. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be a need for installing this module.

Please, don't start posting this kind of remark in every module thread. There are a lot of cool modules out there and we have only a few running here. We install what we think is useful. This Phorum is not a showcase installation, but an pretty standard installation for providing support to our users.

I would say it depends... I am more likely to sign up somewhere if I knew I was allowed to remove my own content at any time. Think about Phorums containing any sensitive/legal matters!
November 18, 2009 05:26PM
In fact, there are 2 problems :
- emerald integration : can be improved .
- it does not work with googlemaps module.

Maybe these 2 bugs are linked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login