Firefox PHP

Module: Event Logging

Posted by Ulf Dunkel 
Re: Module: Event Logging
October 13, 2012 02:22PM
David Von B
I keep a max of 500 events and the old ones do get dropped off (this results in a 1.6M table size).

All I know is what has been said earlier in this thread:

Thomas
hmm, deletion of logs seems to be only done on checking the logviewer in the module settings.

...and that the day after I enabled this mod I had something like 400,000 records in the event logger table (which had defaulted to run in "debug" mode which is maximum logging - again, I personally think there should be clearer warnings that this setting can generate a *lot* of entries).

I'm interested that you say your max events to log is working though. I assume you have checked this in the DB directly without going to the logviewer first? As otherwise you could have more than you realise, but the Event Viewer truncates the table when you go to view them in Phorum?
If that's not the case, I'd like to know why your event logging module is working how I'd like mine to! :-)

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz
October 13, 2012 06:44PM
Minimum log level is warning

Have the following items checked
A moderator deletes message(s) from a forum
A moderator disapproves and hides message(s)
All of the - Software events (especially interesting for developers)

Just had 500 records in the table on my backup machine (which I didn't read)
about 20 days worth.
October 13, 2012 07:30PM
OK, thanks - so it sounds like since this thread started, later versions of Phorum have been altered to flush the event table outside of the admin.
it would be good to get a Phorum dev to comment on why this may have not worked for me. Maybe debug level is an exception?

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
October 14, 2012 05:10AM
in 2009 automatic garbage collection was added with a transparent pixel which does that task asynchronously.

Thomas Seifert
October 14, 2012 02:34PM
That's really good to know, thanks.

I can't explain why I upgraded to 5.2.19, enabled the event logger with a maximum number of entries of 1000 and had 400,000 entries the next day though?

The vast majority of my errors were PHP ones caused by an old banner module that hadn't been upgraded I think.
Does the transparent pixel get called on every public-facing Phorum page or only on some of them?

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
October 17, 2012 09:09AM
As far as I can tell my event log is now being restricted to 1000 entries.

If anybody would like to have a more convenient link to the EVent Viewer in Admin, you can apply the following patch:

/phorum/mods/event_logging/info.txt
add this to the bottom of the file:
hook: admin_menu|phorum_mod_event_logging_admin_menu

/phorum/mods/event_logging/event_logging.php
add this to the bottom of the file (but before the closing ?> tag!)
Language: PHP
function phorum_mod_event_logging_admin_menu($pos) { $menu = new PhorumAdminMenu("Events"); $menu->addCustom( "Event log", html_entity_decode(phorum_admin_build_url(array( ';module=modsettings';, ';mod=event_logging';, ';el_action=logviewer'; ))) ); $pos->appendLast($menu->getHtml()); return $pos; }

(I grabbed this code from [www.phorum.org] but please note the call to html_entity_decode(). This seems to be required as otherwise the generated link contains & instead of &, and is therefore broken)

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
June 06, 2014 02:09AM
I am using the latest phorum and the latest event logging module and keep getting
You are accessing the admin after a security timeout.
every time I click on an event source link in the event log. Even if I opened the event list only a second ago every time I click on any event source link I get the message above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 02:20AM by deepvision.
June 06, 2014 01:36PM
I haven't looked at how that code works, but I suspect you may have a cookie issue.
My session times out about 5 minutes.
August 24, 2014 02:23PM
Thomas

I can confirm there is an issue with event logging in 5.2.1.9. I also did a fresh install that has the issue.
I am unable to determine the cause.

To reproduce.
Admin / Mods
Enable the Event Logging module... Save
On the Event Logging Settings page... Save
Do something to create an event, I logged in to the Phorum from another browser.
Go to View Logged Events

Click on a Source or Category link to refine the filter...
or open a Detail and click on an IP to refine the filter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 04:30PM by Scott Finegan.
Re: Module: Event Logging = IPV6 IP addresses truncated to 15 chars
April 30, 2015 09:27AM
Hello from France
This is my first post here.

I'm using Phorum version 5.2.19 with Event Logging version 1.0.8

I have noticed in event logs that IPV6 logged IP addresses are truncated to 15 characters like for an IPV4.
IPV6 addresses show up correctly to moderators in posted messages, but not in event logging.
IPV6 addresses need something like 39 characters.

How can this be corrected? Thanks !

Emmanuel Bigler
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login