Module: Author as Sender

Re: Module: Author as Sender
July 15, 2010 03:03PM
Thanks for this--I edited the file, and I'm still getting an error:

User info:
User ID = 2, username = test [ view user's profile ]
User IP address = 63.201.4.214
Additional details:

Error returned was: The following From address failed: Dave Fleishman <deadesq@deadesq.com>

So--it's either choking on the SMTP module, or on the SMTP server itself. I don't think it's the latter, because I've entered the authenticated server information correctly, and it works, so long as the email address from the post to the board matches the system email address. If it's anything other than that, it throws the error.
July 15, 2010 04:28PM
Hi deadesq,

deadesq
Error returned was: The following From address failed: Dave Fleishman <deadesq@deadesq.com>

Yes, because $PHORUM['system_email_from_address'] is just a mail address like deadesq@deadesq.com (without user name). I think this cause the problem.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
November 24, 2010 07:48AM
New version 1.4.3:

2010/11/24 version 1.4.3 Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Using now the display name of the reporting user in case of reporting a post
instead of the original author; thanks to Robert Angle.

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
pat
June 26, 2013 04:32PM
This is not working for me. I use Phorum 5.2.18 but this module only changes the Name of the sender to the authors display name but email address stays default EMail. What can I do?
June 27, 2013 02:51AM
Hi Pat,

pat
This is not working for me. I use Phorum 5.2.18 but this module only changes the Name of the sender to the authors display name but email address stays default EMail. What can I do?

I use 5.2.19 and it works for me. Please note:

Use authors email-address
If this option is marked and if the users email address is public the module will use the users email address. In other cases the primal email address is used which is by default "System Emails From Address" from "Global Settings". Other modules like the Mailing List Module can specify a differing email address.

Regards
Oliver

pat
June 30, 2013 05:48PM
Hi Oliver,

yes option is marked and email is public. Is it some security (eg anti Spam) thing of the webhost, maybe - that does'nt allow to send email from a domain, with a different domain as sender? But if that would be the case how would this supposed security thing now the default emailadress of the forum?
July 01, 2013 08:41AM
Hi Pat,

pat
Is it some security (eg anti Spam) thing of the webhost, maybe - that does'nt allow to send email from a domain, with a different domain as sender?

Yes, thats possible but out of influence of my module...

Regards
Oliver

pat
July 06, 2013 01:42PM
... but how does it now the default email-adress of the forum, it seems to me that this is an phorum internal fallback.
July 08, 2013 03:26AM
Hi Pat,

pat
... but how does it now the default email-adress of the forum, it seems to me that this is an phorum internal fallback.

My module uses the email address of the author OR the forum default address. There is no fallback.

Regards
Oliver

September 08, 2015 04:23AM
2015/09/08 version 1.4.4 Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Performance improvement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login