Firefox PHP

Module: Terms of Service

Re: Module: Terms of Service
September 04, 2009 05:23AM
Thomas Seifert
could it be that your ftp client is converting all uploads to lower-case filenames?

The module's extracted lang files are already in lowercase when downloaded. On a side note, I uploaded a filename of mixed caps out of curiosity, and it showed up fine in mixed craps.

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
September 04, 2009 05:29AM
New version:

2009/09/04 version 2.4.1 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Bug fix in German language files causing sanity checks to fail; thanks to Ryan.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
September 04, 2009 05:49AM
Sorry about all the trouble, and thank you!

September 07, 2009 10:03PM
Event Logging is now telling me that there is an undefined index ("REGISTER") in the module, as well as:

Phorum Event Logging
PHP notice generated at /tmp/tpl-reptile-terms_of_service-504d6e1ede5024901677bc2caa181c98.php-stage2:32

Back trace:

Function include called at
/tmp/tpl-reptile-terms_of_service-504d6e1ede5024901677bc2caa181c98.php:7
----
Function include called at
{path to Phorum}/terms-of-service.php:68

Something another user did made this appear in the log, but I tried retracing their steps, and while it didn't show in the Event Logger, I didn't see any errors either.

September 08, 2009 03:55AM
New version:

2009/09/08 version 2.4.2 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Bug fix in template file causing undefined index; thanks to Ryan.

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
January 17, 2010 02:32PM
Possible bug? I was on my admin username, helping someone to edit their post, when it told me I need to agree to the terms. Fine by that, but there wasn't a checkbox on the page though; I had to open up my actual terms of service page to click the agreement, before I could edit the post.

-Ryan

January 20, 2010 03:24PM
Oliver Riesen
1. Date of last change to the Terms of Service

Set the date of the last change to the Terms of Service. This date is used to force users to re-accept the Terms of Services after modifications. It's recommended to use a date in the future.

Question before I start this Module. I've got a forum already set up with about 50 existing users. Since we're growing, I need to add a Terms of Service (should have had it all along, I know), and I'm not sure I understand this part. When I first set it up, will it force existing users to accept the Terms when they log in or when they try to post?

And why use a date in the future? If I use the date I actually change the TOS (today, for example) will it just keep requiring users to accept it if they already have? How far into the future and what happens on that date if there were no changes made?
January 21, 2010 03:38AM
Hi ImpalaLove,

ImpalaLove
When I first set it up, will it force existing users to accept the Terms when they log in or when they try to post?

Yes, existing users are forced to accept the TOS.

ImpalaLove
And why use a date in the future? If I use the date I actually change the TOS (today, for example) will it just keep requiring users to accept it if they already have? How far into the future and what happens on that date if there were no changes made?

One day in the future is enough.

If you use todays date new registered users which just accepted the old TOS (today before your change) wouldn't recognize new TOS.

Regards
Oliver

March 04, 2010 08:47AM
Hi all,

This is a great module, thank you !

Juste one thing, for all the dates of the module the hour is addes and I don't know how to suppress.

Exemple : Version 1 : 4 mars 2010, 00:00

How can I suppress « , 00:00 » ?

Regards,

Rodolphe

Sorry for my bad English, I'm french.
March 04, 2010 08:51AM
Hi Rodolphe,

RodolpheB
for all the dates of the module the hour is addes and I don't know how to suppress.

My module is using date settings from language file, look for long_date in include/lang/french.php.

Regards
Oliver

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login