May 01, 2009 07:35PM
Hi André,

André Lucas
Oliver Riesen
André Lucas
[*] From: User Email Adress
Use the Author as Sender Module:

I already tried it, but it send mails by "System Emails From Address" :(

Did you try both together? Author as Sender and Mailing List?

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2009 06:08PM by Oliver Riesen.
Re: Module: Mailing List
May 01, 2009 08:13PM
My email address is public, so I don't understand why it doesn't use my email as "From address" in email.

Any ideas?
May 06, 2009 08:59AM
Hi André,

André Lucas
My email address is public, so I don't understand why it doesn't use my email as "From address" in email.

Just tested:

- Author as Sender (version 1.4.0) enabled; settings for "User notifications and private mail": "Use authors email-address instead of System Emails From Address" enabled.

- Mailinglist (version 1.4.0) enabled; settings for "Use individual FROM addresses" DISABLED

Resulting email to mailinglist:

From - Wed May 06 08:50:51 2009
To: xxx@xxx.xxx
Subject: Test Mailing List Module
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Mailer: Phorum5
Message-ID: <691726236ce8dd25c7cb491501f083be.Testforum@phorum.langzeittest.de>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:50:30 +0200 (CEST)

Forum: Testforum
Beitrag: [phorum.langzeittest.de]
==
Test Mailing List Module with Author as Sender Module

For me it's working.

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
September 01, 2009 01:51AM
Oliver Riesen
Hi HummerNetwork,

HummerNetwork
Would this module integrate a forum with an existing majordomo mailing list?

Yes, why not? ;-) You just define for each forum an email address. Each time there is a new post in that forum, my module sends an additional email to that address which could be also a Majordomo mailing list.

Regards
Oliver

I think the question he's asking (I have inside information to the intent) is if there is two way integration between majordomo and phorum with this module, vs one way (i.e. copy posting out to mailing list) The desire is to closely mimic the mailing list integration that you can get with phpbb2 mail2forum module.
September 01, 2009 01:54AM
Oliver Riesen
Hi HummerNetwork,

HummerNetwork
Would this module integrate a forum with an existing majordomo mailing list?

Yes, why not? ;-) You just define for each forum an email address. Each time there is a new post in that forum, my module sends an additional email to that address which could be also a Majordomo mailing list.

Regards
Oliver

(apologies if this is a repost, the board belched out an error on my first attempt)

I think the intent of the question (and I have some inside information on that) is to if this is a full two way integration between majordomo and a forum. As opposed to one way i.e. send all posts to the mailing list. The intent is to mimic the behavior of phpbb2 and the mail2forum mod.
September 01, 2009 02:22AM
To further clarify the question: Would messages posted to the mailing list be automatically posted the the forum? That would be a 2-way integration, with messages posted to the forum going to the mailing list AND messages posted to the mailing list posted to the forum.
September 01, 2009 09:08AM
Thats what phorummail is for -> [www.phorum.org] .

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
September 01, 2009 09:08AM
Each direction was implemented as a separate module. This module can be used to handle the outgoing component. The External Phorummail module can be used to implement the incoming component.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
May 28, 2010 10:36AM
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Seifert
Attached is a version of the module-file which adds the in-reply-to and references headers as requested in [www.phorum.org] .

I included your changes in the module package. Please remove you file.

2010/05/28 version 1.5.0 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- In-reply-to and references headers added. Thanks to Phorum developer Thomas Seifert.

June 10, 2010 07:13PM
Would it take much to force line breaks? That is, after saving to the database and before emailing out, the message contents are limited to so many charachters/words per line(?).

When posts are made from the board, there is no wrapping. This matters when someone replies via email.

> Instead
> of looking
> like this...

It will...

> all be on just one coninuous line with a single ">" mark in front of it.

Quoted replies end up looking really bad this way.

- Bob

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login