Firefox PHP

Module: Mailing List

Re: Module: Mailing List
October 14, 2008 01:46PM
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Seifert
- using the poster's name in the from in some way to show the author (especially useful if its not mentioned in the message)

The Mailing List Module works together with the Author As Sender Module.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
October 14, 2008 02:14PM
Sounds good, thx.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
March 20, 2009 02:16AM
This is a great module and almost everything I need. I want to use it in combination with POP3 Phorummail to get a true two way forum/mail list integration.

What I need to be able to do is to have the "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers appear in the outgoing mail. This is a request of the mailing list users.

After being pointed in the right direction I have stored the "References" into the meta field of the individual messages.

I need to be able to pull that data, and the data in the msgid field of the message being replied to and have that go into the headers (and the meta) of the new message. I'm really a newbie with this software, and with php in general, so if anyone would point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Jim

Nginx Forum
March 20, 2009 09:48AM
Hi Jim,

Jim O
What I need to be able to do is to have the "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers appear in the outgoing mail.

Have a look at /include/email_functions.php. The function phorum_email_user is used to send out messages by the mailing list module. I think you have to write your own module using the send_mail hook to implement your wishes.

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
March 22, 2009 02:34PM
Attached is a version of the module-file which adds the in-reply-to and references headers as requested in [www.phorum.org] .
Attention: this needs Phorum-5.2.11 (upcoming) to work correctly as that version added support for custom headers in the mail function.

Edit: removed, its now implemented in the module.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 01:50PM by Thomas Seifert.
April 13, 2009 12:53AM
Is there any way to allow members to subscribe to a forum on their own, without me having to manually enter their e-mail addresses in the "mailing list destination" fields of the module?

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
April 13, 2009 10:24AM
Hi Ryan,

the sense of my module is to send out any new message to an EXISTING mailing list. It's not part of this module to manage this mailing list.

What type of mailing list you are using? Majordomo or Mailman? Mailman offers a web interface for managing subscriptions by members.

I'm using Mailman and since it is a little bit complicated for some members to use emails to manage registrations or to use the web interface I wrote an additional module for subscription. But it needs Phorm PHP Form Processor and Mailman, is written in German and comes without any documentation. Therefor I didn't published it here. But if there is a public interest I try to make a more sophisticated community edition.

Regards
Oliver

May 01, 2009 05:58PM
I can't put it fully functional.

I checked "Use individual FROM addresses" and put a mail address in "FROM address", and the same in "Destination address(es)". It send mails to correct address, but "from" header is wrong. What is wrong?

But what I really want is:
  • In-Reply-To: My Mailing List
  • To: My Mailing List
  • Subject: Only topic subject
  • Body: Only post body

Anybody can help me?

Thanks,
Andre Lucas
May 01, 2009 06:36PM
Hi André,

André Lucas
[*] From: User Email Adress

Use the Author as Sender Module:

Uses the authors display name and email address as sender in the FROM-clause for outgoing emails (user and moderator notifications and private mail).

André Lucas
[*] In-Reply-To: My Mailing List

In my opinion not yet possible, since Phorum doesn't support additional headers.

André Lucas
[*] Subject: Only topic subject
[*] Body: Only post body

See /docs/creating_mail_messages.txt

Regards
Oliver

May 01, 2009 06:43PM
Thanks for your answer.

Oliver Riesen

André Lucas
[*] From: User Email Adress

Use the Author as Sender Module:

Uses the authors display name and email address as sender in the FROM-clause for outgoing emails (user and moderator notifications and private mail).

I already tried it, but it send mails by "System Emails From Address" :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login