Firefox PHP

Module: Mailing List

Re: Module: Mailing List
June 11, 2010 08:20AM
Hi Bob,

Robert Angle
Would it take much to force line breaks? [...] When posts are made from the board, there is no wrapping.

I think it's better to do this in a separate module using the email_user_start hook and some code copied from include/api/mail.php because it could be offered for every mail send out by Phorum not even for the mailing list. In an optimal way with separate settings for user notification, moderator notification and pm (depending on "mailmessagetpl").

Take care of the module priority to ensure that the new module is called before the Mailinglist Module. Since there is still some replacing of template variables in the message after calling the email_user_start hook, there is a small risk that line breaks are not correct.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
June 15, 2010 07:30AM
Hi Robert,

Robert Angle
Would it take much to force line breaks? [...] When posts are made from the board, there is no wrapping.

I don't know why the Phorum developers decided to word wrap private messages send out by email (see email_functions.php, line 281), but not doing it for user or moderator notification (see line 339 and 399). Perhaps just an inadvertence?

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
June 15, 2010 09:33AM
Hi Robert,

Oliver Riesen
Robert Angle

I don't know why the Phorum developers decided to word wrap private messages send out by email (see email_functions.php, line 281), but not doing it for user or moderator notification (see line 339 and 399). Perhaps just an inadvertence?

Please have a look at my new Format Email Module.

Regards
Oliver

June 18, 2010 06:27PM
Oliver Riesen
Please have a look at my new Format Email Module.

I'll try that soon. Phorum.org was offline the other day.

I have a request though, that I hope is not to hard to incorporate, and that is to have an option to send attachments to the mailing list. The Forum Subscriptions Module can do it, so it might be a matter of copying all Joe's code. I haven't looked into it myself yet.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
June 21, 2010 03:54AM
Hi Robert,

Robert Angle
I have a request though, that I hope is not to hard to incorporate, and that is to have an option to send attachments to the mailing list. The Forum Subscriptions Module can do it, so it might be a matter of copying all Joe's code. I haven't looked into it myself yet.

In my Mailing List Module I'm using the standard path via phorum_email_user. The Forum Subscriptions Module instead prepares everything himself and calls the send_mail hook or (in case of an older SMTP Mail Module) uses functions from the SMTP Mail Module.

I couldn't detect, if the stand Phorum Mailer is able to handle attachments.

If it is sufficient to add conditioned attachments to the mail data array before calling phorum_email_user I can include an option in my Mailing List Module, but a don't want to handle it like in the Forum Subscriptions Module.

@Phorum developers: Does phorum_email_user support attachments?

Regards
Oliver

June 21, 2010 04:01AM

no, only the smtp_mail module does.

Thomas Seifert
June 21, 2010 04:35AM
Hi Thomas, Hi Robert,

Thomas Seifert

no, only the smtp_mail module does.

I don't know why the Forum Subscription Module seems to be a little bit complicated in this part. I'm right that is is sufficient to check if the SMTP Mail Module is enabled and to add in this case all attachments to the mail data array?

If it is that simple I'll extend my Mailing List Module.

Regards
Oliver

June 21, 2010 04:46AM
that should be sufficient, yeah.
I think the attachment handling was added later on and is not available since v 5.2.0 or the like.

Thomas Seifert
June 22, 2010 02:46AM
New version 1.5.1:

2010/06/22 version 1.5.1 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- When forum specific FROM addresses are used there are build now with the
  system_email_from_name according to the default behavior of Phorum.

June 22, 2010 08:37AM
Does this add attachment capabilities? Or was this just a bug fix like the Author module?

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login