Firefox PHP

Module: Attachment Uploader

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
attachment_uploader-1.0.2.tar.gz 5.3 KB open | download Maurice Makaay 04/01/2011 Read message
attachment_uploader-1.0.2.zip 8.7 KB open | download Maurice Makaay 04/01/2011 Read message
detach small.gif 5.1 KB open | download pat 05/26/2013 Read message
detach normal.gif 7.3 KB open | download pat 05/26/2013 Read message
detach small again.gif 6.1 KB open | download pat 05/26/2013 Read message
posting.tpl 9.5 KB open | download aliramadhan 10/28/2014 Read message
Module: Attachment Uploader
February 21, 2008 09:41PM
This module improves the attachment uploading process. It implements attaching and detaching files for a message, without having to refresh the page. For buzzword compliancy, you could think of it as an "Ajax Uploader", although Ajax technology cannot be used for uploading files.

Features:

- Attach files to messages without page reloading;
- Detach files from messages without page reloading;
- Show an error if the user hits "Attach" without selecting a file;
- If errors occur during uploading, a popup will show the error;
- The user can continue typing a message, while the attachment is uploading;
- Cross browser JavaScript (tested in MSIE6, FireFox, Opera and Konqueror).

Note: you need a very small change in your posting.tpl template for making this module work. For info on this, be sure to read the README file that comes with this package.

Take a test drive? Go to [secretsauce.phorum.org] and login using username "phorum" and password "phorum". While composing a message, try adding and removing some attachments. There is quite some javascript code in use for this module and history shows that not al browsers are created equal. If you find problems with the uploading code, then please let me know in this thread.

Changelog:
----------

2011-04-01 v1.0.2

- Made the module work for cases where the attachment form is placed
     below the textarea in the editor.

2008-02-22 v1.0.1

- Fixed some problems for the case where the maximum number of
     attachments was reached.

- Added an activity indicator image when uploading a file.

- Restricted copying back of form data to the main form to only copy
     the fields that are important for the attachments management. This
     allows for further editing of the message (e.g. subject and body)
     while the attachment upload is taking place.

2008-02-22 v1.0.0

- Initial release.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 07:15PM by Maurice Makaay.
Attachments:
open | download - attachment_uploader-1.0.2.tar.gz (5.3 KB)
open | download - attachment_uploader-1.0.2.zip (8.7 KB)
Re: Module: Attachment Uploader
February 21, 2009 11:47AM
Thanks, nice mod :)
I got one little bug. In Embed Attachments mod i have option to auto-inserting link to attachment into message body. It doesn't works for me after turning on this module. Maybe there any easy solution? If not, i'll try to fix it myself, but in a week or two
December 15, 2011 03:21AM
This is really a nice module. You could make one additional feature that would make it perceptually compatible with the Embed Images module. That would be to automate the 'Create link in message' function which is how the embed images module works. That is to say, when the attachement is uploaded then automatically embed the link in the message body.

Note that these modules are compatible, but my users were confused when I added the attachment uploader module because they were used to the links being created for them.
April 03, 2012 09:34AM
Hi!

I just did the test drive! Great!

Wondering if the 1MB size limit can be increased?

I've been researching which forum software to use and uploading PDFs is critical.

Also, I'm planning on installing a forum for work on a temp website and need a way to back-off all posts to an Access DB or Excel file...do you know if that is possible with Phorum.

Thanks sooo much!
:-) joan
April 03, 2012 10:20AM
>> way to back-off all posts to an Access DB or Excel file

Export the Phorum data from whatever database you are using on your web server, probably MySQL.
April 05, 2012 05:52AM
The size limit is dermined by two factors: the maximum upload size as configured in the settings for the forum and the maximum packet size that the MySQL server supports. In an easy situation, you will be able to increase the upload size in the settings and be done with it. When the max size is limited by the MySQL server, then the MySQL configuration needs to be changed to allow larger packets.

If your max size is configured above the size as supported by MySQL, this will show up in the sanity checks in the admin interface. That's a good way to check if the MySQL configuration is the problem here.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
April 10, 2012 08:36PM
Hi,

We installed the latest version of Phorum, but I do not see the "Attachments: Attach a file..." section under Options in a reply.

As admin, I did set the default (emerald) template to allow attachments - even increased the size to 64 MB, but I don't see it in the reply. I do see under my Control Panel > My files, I can upload files, but can't edit there either.

I installed your module thinking it might force the attachments function to show, but it still is missing.

Any idea as to what is going on?

Thanks!
joan
April 10, 2012 08:39PM
OT - In this email message box, why does the 1,2,3 icon only show * list bullets even though I select 1.Numbers?

:-)
April 11, 2012 01:30AM
Please don't spam threads which have nothing to do with your issue(s).

Thomas Seifert
April 11, 2012 06:14AM
sorry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login