Local

//local information goes here

to

All Forums

//global information goes here

and

This Forum

//local information goes here
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have looked in the module folder for these setting but I can't find which file you guys put "global:" and "local:" Please help...

Thanks
Re: Module: Online Users
August 11, 2008 07:22PM
are you sure that you are talking about the online users module???

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
August 12, 2008 01:16AM
omigosh! *turns red* I can't believe I wasted your and my time when the thing I was looking for was REALLY forum stats. Thanks very much I'm sorry I wasted your time! *slaps himself* ;) ok thanks a lot!!!
August 13, 2008 08:01PM
Any ideas on the settings being deleted issue? Its happend twice today.
August 13, 2008 08:20PM
My theory is that the track data is growing too large and finally overflows the site of a settings record in the database, breaking the serialized data. I'm sorry for copying that code idea from the previous version of the module. It's not really a stable idea for moderately busy forums :-(

The only real fix would be to store the tracking data in a separate database table instead of in a settings field. That needs some reworking of the code, which I already promised to CBiLL. Time is not really at hand for me these months, but I'll will try to find some time tonight to get the database support working. I think I have a half-finished version lying around somewhere, so maybe it's not that much work anymore. It would also get me CBiLL of my back in the IRC channel, which is a Good Thing too (although he will quickly find something new to harass me about ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
September 02, 2008 04:09AM
What do I need to modify in this module to make the user count and guest count variables global, so that they can be accessed in any of the phorum templates? (the MOD_ONLINEUSERS array seems to be accessible only by the module's onlineusers template)

Below header isn't good enough as I'm going for a condensed view ;)
September 02, 2008 10:09AM
If you create a module template for your template and create an empty onlineusers.tpl, then the default displaying won't show anything. Configure the module to show the online users after the header and not before the footer, so the code will be run before you reach the standard templates.

After doing this, the template variables live in the template space and you should be able to use them from the standard template code. You will have to add a global statement to the start of the template, because you won't have the data in your template otherwise.

Language: PHP
<?php global $PHORUM ?>

Check out the default onlineusers.tpl to see what template variables you can use.

I think this should work.
I never tried it though.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 27, 2008 11:20PM
I do not believe I saw this question posed or addressed above.

We have this mod installed on PMWF, the list of users seems to work well. But Record Number of Users resets itself every day. This morning it showed a record number of guests as 80 from Oct. 26 (IIRC), now it shows 32 with today's date.

Record Number of Users: 21 on October 27, 2008
Record Number of Guests: 32 on October 27, 2008

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Wallet Friendly Watch Forum
www.wf-wf.com
October 28, 2008 10:08AM
It is a known issue, which most probably is due to the fact that anonymous usage is cached inside a settings field. The size of that data might overflow the settings field length, causing the data to break up.

I tried to fix this a little while back, but the conclusion of that exercise was that it would be best to rewrite the module's data storage to get rid of the issue. A separate db table would be much better for handling this correctly and stable.

Unfortunately, there is no work-around for now. Maybe the size of the settings data field in the db could be increased, but that would only postpone the problem somewhat.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
November 07, 2008 01:46PM
Please, how can I influent the exact position of the box of this module?

I would like to have it in the top of the page. Yes, there is such an option, but it moves the box under the header with search box, breadcumbs etc. I want it above this, at very top of the forums...

Thank you for help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login