Firefox PHP

Module: Online Users

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Online Users
December 22, 2008 06:13PM
got it. not the first time i have problems with overloaded server and I always had the feeling this was going to be resource intensive process, good to see I was wrong. thanks! :)

one small suggestion: there is a count for anonymous users, is it possible to add the counter of registered?
in my opinion it is nice to see the complete list of users, but you don´t really have idea if you have something like 50 concurrent users.
December 23, 2008 03:12PM
i tried this and runs fine, until that annoying reset bug appears :(
jpp
Set language for online users module
January 10, 2009 02:25PM
Hello,

How do you set a language file for this module ?
The main forum is set to french but the online users module is displaying in english.
the french language file is here but I don't know how to configure the module to use it.

Regards
Re: Set language for online users module
January 11, 2009 04:50AM
Phorum automatically uses it when the language file name is exactly the same as the main language file name. It could be that your main language file (in includes/lang/thelanguage.php) is something like francais.php, while the online users module uses french.php. The solution is to copy mods/onlineusers/lang/french.php to mods/onlineusers/lang/francais.php in such case, so Phorum can match the language file up with the main language file.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 14, 2009 03:57AM
any plans to fix the reset bug? no rush, just asking

in case it is too difficult/time consuming, I think i could live with it as always I could modify the defaults.
as you probably know, default behaviour is that after some limit is topped, it reset to default values, that means it is shown in every template etc.

I can live without the record counters, the only thing I need is to show the online users in my index page.
What should I modify so the defaults are *really* my defaults (so when it resets it only affects the online record?)

(not really sure if I explained it well)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 03:57AM by Diego.
March 27, 2009 11:38AM
yeah and that has been discussed earlier.
[www.phorum.org]
where being the real solution would be using a separate db table.

Thomas Seifert
Re: Module: Online Users - with database support
March 31, 2009 07:43AM
I did some work on database support and for me it works so far. Storage is done in a separate table and therefore should avoid overflowing the settings field. Additionally I added vroot support, therefore data is stored for each vroot separately.

Without further testing I won't do a stable release for that code so please test it out.
Attached is that version as 2.5.0 which I declare as highly experimental. Please let us know how it works for you.

Edit: removed attachment, see 2.5.1-version

Thomas Seifert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 07:10AM by Thomas Seifert.
April 01, 2009 07:10AM
Attached is 2.5.1 with database support which fixes an issue with deletion of guest entries.

mmakaay: deleted the attachment and posted it to the start of this thread

Thomas Seifert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2010 05:22AM by Maurice Makaay.
April 03, 2009 10:17AM
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Seifert
I did some work on database support and for me it works so far. Storage is done in a separate table and therefore should avoid overflowing the settings field. Additionally I added vroot support, therefore data is stored for each vroot separately.

Without further testing I won't do a stable release for that code so please test it out.
Attached is that version as 2.5.0 which I declare as highly experimental. Please let us know how it works for you.

I just installed version 2.5.1. First impression: seems to work. Old statistics are lost.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
April 05, 2009 09:54PM
Howdy all! Love this module.

Could anyone possibly offer suggestions on how to add color coding to this module? Like, being able to set a color for each type of group and then having a key that displays the color code. This is a common feature in a lot of other forum programs so I figured I'd try and failed.

I would assume such a modification would require being able to declare a primary group. I have most recently tried to using the user tagging module to add at least that to the end of each user name displayed in the online users box. However, it doesn't seem to work out. Any suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login