Firefox PHP

Module: Embed MP3

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Embed MP3
June 19, 2008 03:51PM
Hmm.... am I *that* transparent really? ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
June 19, 2008 08:01PM
implementing resizing API to avatar module would be great.
I would be happy to see it even without the animated GIF upgrade

cool! :)
June 30, 2008 04:45PM
I implemented this mod couple of weeks ago and I thought it ws running fine but every time I click on the MP3 it stays buffering forever. Checked the player website and according to its author this is because "player can´t reach the file". I can't guess where attachments are stored, should I do something special? (yes I had the Embed Attachments module)

Thanks!
June 30, 2008 05:19PM
The template also shows a link to the MP3 download.
Does downloading the file through that URL work?
If it does, then the flash app should be able to download the file as well.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 06, 2008 03:17PM
I released version 1.0.4 of the module (Phorum 5.2.7 or higher required). This one should fix the problem that the player says "Buffering ..." without actually loading the MP3. This was due to an incompatibility between the flash player and how Phorum URLs are formatted.

I also added a feature to the settings screen, where you can tell the module to always add all MP3 attachments to the message body as embedded players.

Important: after installing this upgrade, login into the admin interface to let the module info refresh. No further action is needed, a login is enough (you'll see the module info update notification on the top of the screen)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 27, 2009 07:39AM
Hi, I am having some problems implementing the Embed MP3 and Embed Images modules.
I can see the modules on my phorum admin, however when I turn them on, it does not seem
to work. If I place an MP3 path from my server within the MP3 BB Code tags, it does not show
the MP3 it shows some hex values, for example. [embed_mp3 9fb94afb7f0e474962be236c5b8f5307]
Also the embed image is displaying a similar result eg. [embed_image 6cd45fbca454dd6d2e66610c6ff598d1]

My version of Phorum is 5.1.25, could this be the problem, or have I installed the modules incorrectly
Thank you, Senv
October 27, 2009 07:42AM
This module is for phorum 5.2.x.
Upgrading is the way to go ;).

Thomas Seifert
October 27, 2009 07:43AM
Thanks
October 28, 2009 07:01AM
Thank you for this mod, it works really well with the embed_attachments mod.
I also have just upgraded to Phorum v 5.2 and it is really good.

I have a problem now with my MP3s not playing in the included player.
Instead of this, they just play directly on the link.
Here is an example on my site.
[envexrecordz.com]
October 28, 2009 08:07AM
The flash player is not loaded from the server. It results in a permission error if I try to request it. Check the server's error logs to see why the server denies access to it. Contact your hosting provider for help if you cannot find this out on your own.

To see the direct URL failing, go to the url of the flash player.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login