Firefox PHP

Module: Embed Images

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Embed Images
November 02, 2012 01:29AM
I installed this module on my site hosted by Hostgator, but I´m getting this on "debugging problems" :

Platform support for the http_get API layer: OK
Download test (tries to load [www.google.com)Help]: Not OK

After talking for two hours with hostgator helpdesk, They asked me to give them the port to be open, but I didn´t find anything in phorum docs. Then, they said that the error message from phorum: "hosting platform might be blocking outgoing HTTP connections" from the debugger, cannot be solved. They said that the only way to solve it is to buy a vps-hosting (http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting/), which I believe is expensive.

Is there any other way to fix this without buying a vps-hosting plan?
November 06, 2012 03:38AM
If your host is not going to open port 80 for access to the image files by http access you should get a better host or use another offer from them where its possible.

Thomas Seifert
November 08, 2012 04:56PM
The issue was solved, at the end, removing the check mark on "Show BBcode
November 26, 2012 10:50PM
MXnewbie
The issue was solved, at the end, removing the check mark on "Show BBcode

Using HG as well - doing what you did simply removed the "loading image" text. The images are displaying but not re sizing.

I've tried all of the options, some options like "Use the browser" break my entire page and cause stuff to stop loading at the end.

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful as this is a big part of my forum.

For now I'm using the poor man's method in CSS:
Language: CSS
#phorum div.message-body img { max-width: 500px; }

EDIT:

Sadly I still cannot figure out what's going on. However, I have a "hack" which will suit my needs:

Using the above CSS max-width for all images in the message-body only, I can re-size all images. Now, how can we view the full image?

At this point, without adding Fancybox, Lightbox, etc, we simply use this jQuery, although I will probably switch over to a full-featured thumbnailer. (like this mod when I have more time....)

Simply add this to your phorum layout: (header.tpl)

Language: Javascript
$(function () { $(';.message-body';).each(function () { $(this).find(';img';).each(function () { var currImg = $(this); // cache the selector currImg.wrap("<a target=';_blank'; href=';" + currImg.attr("src") + "';/>"); }); }); });

It finds the div.message-body posts, then for each image in those posts it adds a link, making your auto-sized images clickable.

Again - poor man method at work here, but it works.

Don't forget to add the latest jQuery too.

UPDATE: Fixed my jQuery. Will now work only for post divs.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 02:18AM by Notioner.
December 08, 2012 05:42PM
by referring to the snapshot.
I found a bug here...when i upload an image...it always show the embed image right after the Signature.
How can i fix it?

You also can see it now....my current snapshot is shown right after the signature.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 05:49PM by autoven.

December 08, 2012 06:11PM
What do you want to "fix"? Its an attachment to the message, so it shows after the message.

Thomas Seifert
December 08, 2012 06:21PM
yes...Thomas...it would be best that the images shown after the message not after the signature.. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 06:22PM by autoven.
December 08, 2012 06:21PM
It is, the signature is actually part of the message :-P

Thomas Seifert
December 08, 2012 06:23PM
what about show the image before the message? Then how is the hack?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 06:24PM by autoven.
December 13, 2012 05:17PM
anyone can help?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login