Firefox PHP

Module: Embed Images

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Embed Images
October 21, 2010 02:25PM
yeah he said imageshack was playing around for him , so he just used the forums image uploader
what he has on his page is an imageshack image with the bbcode
and i turned on "show attachments as embeded image"
so the last two "loading images" are the attachements he uploaded (i just enabled every checkbox to show you the errors)
(but im going to upgrade now and see what happens)

Edit: i upgraded with your 1.1.1version, and still is the same

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 02:40PM by deadguy.
October 21, 2010 05:40PM
I don't know what is causing the issue for you. What happens, is that an Ajax request is done to the server. The script on the server will download the image from the internet and check its size. if it's too large, the image is scaled down. The result is returned to the browser, where the image can then be shown. This is what goes on during the Ajax call.

Since this is all server side processing, it's not really possible to see what's going on from the outside. Can you check the server logs to see if there are errors popping up? Or maybe easier: enable the event logging module and check if log messages are generated (you can view these from within the event logging module settings).

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 22, 2010 12:56PM
Hey Maurice ,

So i tried both the codes you uploaded since my last post but they didnt work
but i did notice in the module control this :

Debugging problems
Platform support for the http_get API layer 	OK
Download test (tries to load [www.google.com]) 	NOT OK
Platform support for the image API layer 	OK (using method "gd")

looks like it cant download my images ?

Thanks,
Sam.
October 22, 2010 01:59PM
Yeah, this means that an HTTP request for www.google.com, instantiated from the webserver, did not work. Your hosting provider might have outgoing connections disabled as a security precaution. Talk to them if you want to get this resolved.

Unfortunately, there's no work-around for this kind of issue, since the image needs to be loaded by the script on the server, in order to inspect and scale it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 22, 2010 02:13PM
ahh damn :D well atleast it comes up with the red broken link box with (show url) under it now :D instead of that forever loading system :D
il just turn it off and forget about it :)

Thanks ,

Sam.
October 22, 2010 02:23PM
On a side-track, try talking to your hosting provider. They might have a policy where they close requests by default, but open up the firewall when a hosted website on the system needs it. It's worth the shot I'd say.

Thanks anyway for reporting that you get a red box now. I think that this was fixed by removing some PHP dl() calls in the core code (the details aren't interesting for you of course, but the PHP code might have crashed before this change.)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 26, 2010 12:33PM
I've followed the installation instructions (for version 1.1.1) but the option to enable the mod is disabled. Am I missing something fundamental?
October 26, 2010 01:12PM

- The two new viewers make use of the jQuery library that is bundled with
Phorum 5.2.16 and higher. For this reason, the required Phorum
version for this module has been set to 5.2.16.

You will need 5.2.16-RC1 for the updated module to work.

Thomas Seifert
January 06, 2011 09:34AM
hi install your module on my server but whan i try to activate it i get that massage in admin panel

This module is not enabled yet. You can change its settings but the module is only active if you enable it on the previous page.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function phorum_api_http_get_supported() in /home/xxx/xxx/forum/mods/embed_images/settings.php on line 271
January 06, 2011 12:41PM
I've looked all over my admin panel, but I couldn't find the massage :-(

The reason that it doesn't work for you, might be because you overlooked the message at the very start of this thread:

Important: this module requires Phorum 5.2.16-RC2 or newer

What version of Phorum are you running? If it is any version before the version mentioned above, you cannot install this module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login