Firefox PHP

Module: Embed Images

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Embed Images
July 27, 2010 09:32AM
hey there guys,

this is a strange issue which seems to have come out of nowhere.

I was on my forum at [www.iloveqatar.net] and images were showing fine

Here's a thread that has images [iloveqatar.net]

I went to the next page, and then went back to the first page and now images don't show up, they just say the embed code (e.g. [embed_image 0a97782d07db28fbfed5067d25fc1dbf] )

I haven't modified any settings and when I took a look at the module, all the settings are correct and unchanged.

Any ideas?
July 27, 2010 12:09PM
I really have no idea why this would happen.

Disable the module to see if then the original images show up. Re-enable the module after doing so. Then check disable other modules one by one. There might be another module that breaks the formatting here.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
July 27, 2010 12:35PM
or check if your files table is possibly crashed (e.g. with a repair table ...)

Thomas Seifert
July 28, 2010 07:51AM
Well, switching it on and off sorted it.

That was odd.
July 28, 2010 11:59AM
Strange. Maybe the module hooks cache got corrupted. I sure would like to know how that happened, but I'm afraid that will be a well hidden / buried secret forever.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 28, 2010 12:09PM
I had similar experiences and decided to only use the browser to display images. A developer recently recommended [www.fancybox.net] in order to avoid conflicts with jQuery. I haven't tested it yet.
October 16, 2010 07:41AM
I released version 1.1.0 of the Embed Images module. Now we have jQuery bundled with Phorum, I implemented two new viewers:

I would recommend using the FancyBox viewer. I looks good, has a nice way of bringing up the images up (it looks like the original image is being inflated) and (for me best of all) has support for making the viewer fit in the available window space.

All other viewer are still at your disposal of course.

This version of the module requires Phorum 5.2.16 or later, because of the dependency on the jQuery library, so do not upgrade, unless you have upgraded your Phorum installation as well.

I also fixed rendering of automatically embedded attachments when doing a preview during a message edit operation. Before, the image would show up as [embed_image XXXXXXXXXX].

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2010 04:19PM by Maurice Makaay.
October 18, 2010 12:21PM
I upgraded the embedded image and selected jQuery FancyBox

But noticed that the Close "X" , Next ">" , Prev "<" icons does not appear under Internet Explorer browser however the icons does appear in Firefox browser and the function itself works fine in Internet Explorer.

Bill
October 18, 2010 05:11PM
Thanks for the report Bill!

I fixed the issue in 1.1.1. It was a well known issue for FancyBox, related with the use of relative URLs in the CSS and MSIE's way of handling those. The fixed code replace all image URLs in the CSS with absolute URLs, so MSIE won't be confused anymore.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 19, 2010 01:29AM
Maurice Makaay
Thanks for the report Bill!

I fixed the issue in 1.1.1. It was a well known issue for FancyBox, related with the use of relative URLs in the CSS and MSIE's way of handling those. The fixed code replace all image URLs in the CSS with absolute URLs, so MSIE won't be confused anymore.

The fix seem to created a new issue.

Some of the post photos now drops to the bottom of the webpage.

When you click an image it doesn't appear in your view instead you have to scroll your browser down to the bottom to see the image, this issue is effected in both IE and Firefox so it not limited to IE only.

I already clear cache etc and the issue still remains.

Here one example of this issue if you go to this link and click on the pictures then you will not see it so you would have to scroll down to see where the picture appeared at.

[www.lakestockton.com]

But work fine at this link on the same phorum

[www.lakestockton.com]

I suspect it have to do something with multiple images in a post that causing is the issue?

Thank you for looking into it

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login