Firefox PHP

Module: Embed Images

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Embed Images
January 21, 2008 07:50AM
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071204 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.11

looks like it's just in slimbox - i may look at the code tonight.

i re-enabled lightbox, but then remembered why i had it turned off - the Next/Prev don't come up and neither does the Close X button. the links are there, but nothing visible - luckiily i know where they should be. remember i had a weird problem some time back where the close button wasn't rendered properly? possibly related.
January 21, 2008 12:37PM
i've tried recreating my problem on a test forum and i can't. that's good for you, and bad for me :)

maybe it's a problem with just one thread on one particular forum - unfortunately, i can't show you as it's behind a firewall on an intranet.

if i do manage to recreate the problem i'll try and debug it and create a patch
January 21, 2008 02:03PM
I tried but could not reproduce it myself, so please do so. Patches are highly appreciated.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 13, 2008 07:25PM
Hi,

Really nice module, I keep getting impressed with the flexibility of the module system every time I install something new.

I tried the different javascript popups and settled on Dynamic Drive's Viewer, it was the lightest and fastest of the three.

Thanks.

--
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard
February 26, 2008 09:28AM
Just as a heads-up, this module works best with Emerald. Or rather, it fails to format well under Classic. Images cascade poorly, break up the page and generally fuzz about. :)

--
Niels Callesoe

Basic Phorum user.
February 26, 2008 11:18AM
I develop all modules against the emerald template and don't care too much for the classic template. In that respect, it's to be expected that I might miss out on some css issues. Especially for modules like this one, which are heavy targeted at displaying formatted data. If people want to supply either fixes for the classic template or a module template set that works for classic, then I'd be glad to add it to the distribution.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 02, 2008 08:52PM
I uploaded version 1.0.5 of the module. This one contains a small (backward compatible) change to make the Embed Images module compatible with the Image API for Phorum 5.2.7 (not yet released at the time of writing, but it will be released in the upcoming days) or higher. The updated Image API scales down images as JPG instead of PNG. This module did not handle the MIME type "image/jpeg" for caching the data yet.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 04, 2008 04:28AM
russian.php

mmakaay: Thanks. The russian.php file is now in the distribution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2008 01:04AM by mmakaay.
April 07, 2008 10:07PM
I've been migrating a board from FireBoard to Phorum, and Fireboard uses
April 16, 2008 06:14AM
Hi Maurice,

I tried your Embed Image Module, but I found same problems:

- I get very often an error message: Image error, Running getimagesize() on the image data failed open image URL (in your test forum it's the same: [secretsauce.phorum.org])

- Animated GIFs do not anymore animate. Only first slide is shown.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 10:19AM by Oliver Riesen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login