Firefox PHP

Module: Recent Messages

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Recent Messages
April 07, 2011 08:30PM
hello
how I can do to show me the information on
"addon.php? 0, module = recent_messages. "
on the main page (index), after the "header"?.
April 07, 2011 08:43PM
There is no feature for that in the module.

At this moment, I am working on some new code for the recent messages module, which allows loading recent messages through an Ajax call. That would make it possible to do something like this. It does not add the controls though, so it is not means for having the full interface of the recent messages module on another page. Just a list of messages / threads.

I am wondering what kind of index page you have in mind here. Both recent messages and a list of forums on the index page? That might push down the forums list a lot. Is that the idea?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
April 07, 2011 08:50PM
Hi Maurice is a pleasure.
My idea is to show the last 10 post on the index after the logo, without the need to go to another page, simply by entering the site and display the last 10 post.
Greetings.
April 07, 2011 08:55PM
That sounds like the kind of thing that the new version of the module will be able to handle. I'm not 100% sure if it will work in 5.2 too though. I am currently developing on Phorum 5.3. I will test the code on 5.2 and if it works, I will release the module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 08, 2011 01:25AM
I uploaded version 2.1.0 of the Recent Messages module. This version adds some ajax capabilities to the module. On this site's "Recent Messages" page, you can already see one of the new possibilities in action (the "Older messages" link at the bottom of the list will load the older messages via ajax).

For some extended info on the ajax handling, see the README file.

I setup an example page showing the way in which the new ajax feature can be used to create a list of recent messages / threads. View the source of that page if you want to see what I did there.

Note: accessing the recent messages from another website via ajax is not possible in 5.2, because of browser security restrictions. However, in 5.3 (the development tree at the time of writing) we switched to the JSONP request method, which will make cross domain requests possible.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 08, 2011 10:02PM
spectacular!.
Will be ready for when the version 5.3?
order to have this feature in my forum.
April 08, 2011 10:58PM
You can use it in 5.2 already!

5.3 is only needed to be able to load the message list from a *different* website. On the same Phorum site, things should work well in 5.2 too. These forums run on 5.2 too and the recent messages page is working just fine.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 20, 2011 10:56PM
I posted version 2.1.1 of the module, which fixes an issue with newflags not being shown for the "Updated topics" view. Thanks to noe for pointing out the issue.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 22, 2011 08:32PM
Your main script is using phorum_api_newflags_format_messages($messages, $mode);

Under this function I have found:
// Do not handle newflags for moved message notifications.
if ($message['move']) continue;

Shouldn't it be "moved" instead of "move"?

Also, this module only works for me if I take out
Language: PHP
//$PHORUM[';forum_id';] = 0;
at the beginning.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 08:42PM by korsakov.
December 15, 2011 07:50AM
>> My idea is to show the last 10 post on the index after the logo

Do you mean something like this that I did with version 3 something?

http://www.hallofmaat.com/newest10.php?1

You could hack it which is what I did but it would be better if the recent messages module could manage it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login