Firefox PHP

Module: Recent Messages

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Recent Messages
January 15, 2011 04:07PM
Thank you and yes, page.tpl is correctly spelled. I had some tweaks in recent_messages.php. Unfortunately, I had to switch back to the old recent_messages release. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't get me to a new page.
January 15, 2011 04:13PM
so you hacked the code and then the problem appeared?

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
January 15, 2011 04:44PM
I transferred the changes and I checked all of them that they would not create problems. Btw, the message data are present before page.tpl is called.
January 15, 2011 05:54PM
The only thing that should be run for the URL to work is the hook function phorum_mod_recent_messages_start_output(), which sets up that variable. Therefore, if you want to debug, you should check if that function is being called or not.

The URL works perfectly for me in an unhacked module. If things don't work in a hacked up version, then expect no guarantees or help from my side.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 15, 2011 08:50PM
Odd but it worked when I replaced
Language: PHP
function phorum_mod_recent_messages_start_output() { global $PHORUM;   $backup_id = $PHORUM[';forum_id';]; $PHORUM[';forum_id';] = 0; $PHORUM[';DATA';][';URL';][';RECENT_MESSAGES';] = phorum_get_url(PHORUM_ADDON_URL, ';module=recent_messages';); $PHORUM[';forum_id';] = $backup_id; }   with:     function phorum_mod_recent_messages_start_output() { global $PHORUM;   $PHORUM[';DATA';][';URL';][';RECENT_MESSAGES';] = phorum_get_url(PHORUM_ADDON_URL, ';module=recent_messages';); }

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 03:15PM by korsakov.
January 16, 2011 02:46PM
The original code is correct. Maybe some other module or some hack that you did break this code. Disable other modules to see if there's one that causes a conflict. If you find one, then report the issue in the correct thread.

You started a sentence about the Post Preview module, but maybe you stopped writing it, realizing that this thread is not about that module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 07, 2011 12:41PM
With the option 'Recent Messages', when I click on the line, I get the last message of the topic

I prefer the choice 'Updated topics', but when I click on line I go on the first message of the topic and I would like to show the laste message of the topic. How is it possible to do (I am not an expert in software)

Many thanks for your help
March 24, 2011 10:00PM
Is anybody have a solution for my displaying ?
March 24, 2011 10:14PM
If you click the red flag, you will jump to the newest message.

If you want the subject to work likewise, you will have to create a custom template for the recent messages module, in which you take care of that. I'm currently at a PC without Phorum code on it, so I can't cook up example code. But maybe the red flag link already helps you out.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 28, 2011 02:15PM
Thanks Maurice for your answer. As my english is bad, I am some difficulty to understand.
I discover a red file but only when I am logged but I don't log in to read messages ont the Forum.

I tried to clic on the read file but I go on a message bu not the last ?

I have read your readme file but as I am not an expert in software it is difficult for me to see what I have to and in which files ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 02:53PM by victoria.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login