Firefox PHP

Module: Jumpmenu

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Jumpmenu
August 13, 2009 08:37PM
I would like to use "mod_jumpmenu_root" as a class in order to use your "Jumpmenu" in various places. Would you have a suggestion? Thank you!
August 14, 2009 06:07AM
Sorry, that is not how the module was built. It only acts on the #mod_jumpmenu_root id. Allowing it to display it beneath multiple objects on the same page would require some fundamental changes to the internal architecture of the mod's javascript code.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
August 14, 2009 11:07PM
Occasionally I have difficulties to get the Jumpmenu work when I am hiding <div>'s beneath it in order to provide the user with a more convenient selection process. I haven't figured out the reason why it sometimes works and sometimes not. Could you please give me a hint? Thank you!
August 15, 2009 04:38AM
I don't know really. What is "beneath" and how does it take care of a more convenient selection process? A page where things don't work might help.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
September 02, 2009 10:09PM
I don't suppose it's possible to shorten a long list on the hover menu and apply a down arrow so the person can scroll down to more forums? I have a really long list but I can't shorten them, since they're on individual species.

Also, I'm not sure how to get the CSS working. I copied the contents of the module's emerald's css.tpl to my template's css.tpl, and copied over before_footer.php, as well as adding id="mod_jumpmenu_root" to where I wanted the menu to be displayed. The menu displays fine but the css I copied and modified in my css.tpl is being ignored. What did I do wrong?

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 10:30PM by Ryan.
September 03, 2009 02:43AM
You are right about the first question. Unless somebody writes a new dropdown menu that supports this, there's no easy way to handle this. Maybe some max height on the menu container, which would result in a scrollbar on the side, however that would not be too standard behavior.

For modifying the css, you need to copy mods/jumpmenu/templates/emerald to mods/jumpmenu/templates/yourtemplate and then edit the css from there. The main CSS-file is loaded before the CSS from the module, so your changes are overwritten now.

A quick hack that you could try: change the where parameter to "before" instead of "after" for the two css registrations in jumpmenu.php, function phorum_mod_jumpmenu_css_register(). That would prepend the css code to the main one instead of appending it. If that doesn't break the CSS, then you could override the CSS from the main one.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
September 03, 2009 06:18AM
I was able to change all the colors with the default css.tpl supplied, except for the link color (when not highlighted). For some reason it was a color I didn't specify in settings.tpl, I may look into that later. If there is something there for it in the mod's css.tpl, then I missed it--pardon me, just really tired. So I added:

#phorum a.mod_jumpmenu_menu_item {
color: {border_font_color};
}

Edit: Unfortunately for the min-height idea, it stops the coloration of the div menu at the specified height, but the links keep going, providing no scroll bar. Should have known but my css has been rusty lately. What about working with some kind of div overflow: auto?

Edit edit: Scratch that. Although it provides a scroll bar, the cursor can't linger long enough on it before it disappears. With as many forums as I have, I'm disheartened that I can't use this useful mod.

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2009 06:28AM by Ryan.
November 14, 2009 07:02AM
This mod works perfectly on the index page but fails on the rest of the site? Any ideas?

Update: Working now for some reason. Not sure why. Maybe I just needed to refresh the pages.

Regards
Bluesplayer

My Phorum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 07:39AM by Bluesplayer.
November 19, 2009 09:55AM
Validation of my site results in this last error message:
Attribute "rel" exists, but can not be used for this element.
Error occured in this line:

Language: HTML
…JumpMenu.vroot = 0</script><div rel="mod_jumpmenu_menu" class="mod_jumpmenu_m

Let me know if this should concern me or not.
Also, is it possible to inactivate this module within "after_login"? For one user type I do not need it.
Thank you!
November 19, 2009 01:24PM
I see no reason why one would ever need to be really concerned by validation issues. Validation is a nice tool to fix things if they are broken and you want to make sure that your HTML isn't crapped up. Checking an already working website, not that useful IMO. So whether it concerns you is up to you.

after_login is only called at login time, so that's not useful for tweaking behavior for every page. You could check what user is logged in from the common_post_user hook and tweak the list of enabled modules from there.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login