Firefox PHP

Module: Jumpmenu

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Jumpmenu
April 13, 2008 08:17PM
The short answer is: by creating a template that works in the classic template (mods/jumpmenu/templates/classic). I've never written code for the classic template to make this work. If somebody else did, then maybe that somebody else could contribute the code for it.

Overall, making the jumpmenu work should not be too hard. Maybe it already works if you create a <div> for the jumpmenu by hand in your classic template at an appropriate spot. But I never tried myself.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
April 15, 2008 07:47AM
Hi Maurice,

I had copied the css and before_footer files into a folder called classic and it didn't work. Specifically what file should I fiddle with to make it work?

But, I hate asking that, because it seems the Classic template is being left behind.

The Classic template is simply better for my purposes and a big part of my attraction to Phorum. It is very poet-friendly in its simplicity among other aspects, as with this comment from two days ago when I opened a Babilu forum: [pochapocha.com]. But, this morning, I have a poet wondering how to navigate: [pochapocha.com]. Ideally he could navigate easily among the forums in a sub-folder, but at least the jump menu would be helpful.

Thanks.

Yours,
Rus
April 15, 2008 12:12PM
Did you try this suggestion from the README?
If you want to create your own root item for the menu, then you can edit
your main Phorum template to include some element that has
id="mod_jumpmenu_root" in its properties. The Jumpmenu module wil
automatically use that one as the root element, for example:
  <a id="mod_jumpmenu_root">
    Open the forum menu ...
  </a>

The after_footer template in the emerald tree is only used for dynamically adding the root item to the emerald template page, inside the breadcrumbs bar. You won't need to edit that template, unless you want to write code to add the root item to the classic template page dynamically as well.

The css probably needs some fiddling, to get some working CSS. This would mostly apply to background images and color names that are only in the settings.tpl for emerald.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 15, 2008 12:23PM
Hi Maurice,

Yes, I read the README, but it is over my head. This is why I asked.

It looks like if I go to the CSS file and compare it to the settings.tpl for emerald versus classic, I may be able to get somewhere.

Thanks.

Yours,
Rus
April 15, 2008 01:13PM
Check out the new version 1.1.6.
I cooked up a classic template for the Jumpmenu module.
This should work out of the box.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2008 01:15PM by mmakaay.
April 15, 2008 10:59PM
Hi Maurice,

Thanks very much. It works! And I am thrilled out of the box.

Much appreciated.

Yours,
Rus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2008 11:00PM by rus bowden.
May 07, 2008 01:56AM
Hi Maurice,

for reconciling miscellaneous german language files please add the attached files (originally from the German Language Files Package) to the next version of your module. Please remove any german_sie.php or german_du.php from module language folder (if existent). Thanks.

Regards
Oliver

[File removed]

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 03:33PM by Oliver Riesen.
May 12, 2008 03:34PM
Hi Maurice,

according to structuring the language file and charset support I attach new german languages files in ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8. Please add them to the next release of your module.

Regards
Oliver

mmakaay: deleted the attachments; they are now part of the module package.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 01:52PM by Maurice Makaay.
August 05, 2008 03:15PM
Hi I'm having trouble making this work. The jump menu DOES appear, but then when you hover your mouse the menu appears to the lower right of the "jump to forum" menu. If I haven't explained this enough, you can see the problem here.

Thanks!
August 05, 2008 08:22PM
I cannot see it. Did you disable it? It's probably something with the CSS for your site. I know that the jumpmenu could have problems when things like relative positioning are used in CSS. I have no fix for that. A future version will probably be based on the excellent jQuery library, which makes positioning a lot more solid than it is now.

It looks like the image viewer (dynamic drive currently) is not able to determine the center of the screen, showing the full image too far to the right and down.

A quick off topic question about your site: Why all the work to let files be uploaded to the control center to put them in posts? Why not allow uploads for a forum, so they can be added easily to a post?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login