Firefox PHP

Module: Store Files on Disk

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Store Files on Disk
October 21, 2007 07:18PM
It is included with 5.2 and it is called "Event Logging". It should not be hard to find, which makes me wonder: are you actually using Phorum 5.2 or are you trying to run this mod with Phorum 5.1?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 21, 2007 08:02PM
hi, I downloaded the current stable version which is 5.1.25

is there any problem with this version?
October 22, 2007 03:09AM
Yes, this module is only for phorum-5.2 so you will be out of luck with 5.1.x.

Thomas Seifert
October 22, 2007 11:29PM
ts77: thank you for the answer. I am new to Phorum.Could you tell me how long (usually) it takes for the script to evolve to a stable release? Thanks.

Nonmem
October 23, 2007 02:36AM
The usual answer to that is: as long as it takes to get stable. 5.2 is pretty stable already and we're moving towards 5.2 beta at the moment. Which means that we are getting close to a stable release. Feel free to try out 5.2 and possibly provide us with bug reports if you find any problems. The more testers we have, the faster the development can move forward.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 24, 2007 02:35AM
thank you. will read about the upgrade instructions etc. hopefully I can contribute to the community as well. Though I am no porgrammer. :)

really appreciate all the feedback. Thanks.
October 24, 2007 06:33AM
You just tell us when you find a bug. We'll handle the programming part ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 17, 2008 06:38AM
Hello,

I have installed this feature because the database of my forum doesn't accept files exceeding 613 Ko. Since I cannot configure the database (the forum is hosted on a shared server), a solution for publishing bigger files is to store files on the disk.

The plugin works well, however after having installed and activated this module, files are still stored in the database and the file size limit is still 613 Ko.

Is it a normal behaviour of the module ? Is it possible to forbid the storing of files in the database and hence to free the file size ?
April 17, 2008 07:13AM
Hi patoutis,

patoutis
Is it a normal behaviour of the module?

Like Maurice already wrote:

mmakaay
Just make sure that the path for storing files is correct and that the webserver is allowed to write to that directory. The module implements the writing of the module data to disk very paranoia and if anything goes wrong, it will keep the data in the database, so I asume that something is going wrong now. Maybe you could enable the event logging module and retrieve some attachments to fire the on-the-fly conversion. Then check the event log to see if there are errors in there which explain the behavior.

Also, if you look at the storage directory, do you see any subdirectories created at all? This module will setup a directory tree and store the files in that tree. If there aren't subdirectories in there, then things go wrong at a very early stage. The server might not be able to write to the directory or some paranoia PHP configuration by your hosting provider might prevent directories from being created in there.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
April 17, 2008 08:26AM
and are you sure that its the database which is accepting no larger files? there's a php setting too which can't be avoided by using this moduel.

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login