Firefox PHP

Module: BBcode Video

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: BBcode Video
January 16, 2008 02:29PM
Great module ! Many thanks for your work mmakaay ! :)
January 26, 2008 12:32PM
Wow, this is an excellent addition to BB Code, thanks so much!!!

It's not a TV show, it's an obession: [chat.bbchatter.com]
February 13, 2008 06:30PM
Great mod, however: would it be possible to make it honor the

tags? If it put a video URL in between these tags it gets embedded as well ... (I have the setting enabled that automagically replaces all video URL's)

JW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 06:31PM by Jan-Willem.
February 13, 2008 06:47PM
The bbcode module will parse bbcode tags between
 tags as well. That's just how it works. If you don't want those URLs turn into embedded players, then maybe you should turn off the automatic replacement.

Adding specific code to this module to make the 
 block ignore this makes no sense IMO. A better way to fix this would be to have a 
 tag for which the contained could would not be parsed. This is something that I want to offer in a next version of the bbcode module. But only if the user make a choice for it (since I often put 
 blocks in postings that are formatted using bbcode colors; functionality that I wouldn't want to miss).

Maurice Makaay Phorum Development Team my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
December 29, 2008 02:44PM
Maurice,

I can used BBCode Video with Youtube and it's work OK mais I don't manage to use BBCode Video for a video on Dailymotion.

DailyMotion

Victoria
January 11, 2009 04:55PM
Sorry to reply so much time afterwards.

I added Dailymotion video handling for our own forum. Just replace bbcode_video.php file (in mods/bbcode_video directory) with this one (assuming you use the latest v1.0.9 v1.0.10).

Please tell me if you have any problem.

Bruno.

EDIT: updated attached file for v1.0.10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2009 06:13AM by Bruno Tournay.
Attachments:
open | download - bbcode_video.php (7.5 KB)
February 06, 2009 02:31AM
Any chance you will be adding support for Myspace videos? I see them more than Google these days on blogs, and I would love to be able to embed Myspace vids along with Youtube.

thanks.
February 27, 2009 10:12AM
This is a newbie question but: how to add a button icon to the "Video link" in the button bar?

I love the module, but a suggestion: maybe for auto-embed links it could just print a thumbnail version (sometimes you just want to paste the reference but don't want the big embed to catch eyes and rest importance to the text)
So if you use the tags displays 100%, if you just paste the link it will display a thumb, maybe 80x60

Thanks
May 20, 2009 11:25PM
*self-deleted*

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 05:48PM by Voltius.

May 21, 2009 07:14AM
For the language issue, please install version 1.0.10 of the module. I added a language string to this module, so you won't have to hack stuff to make this work.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login