Firefox PHP

Module: Last Forum Post

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Last Forum Post
May 08, 2008 10:19AM
Oops ... (where is the 'shame on me' smiley?)

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
May 08, 2008 10:20AM
I guess that means you were using that one which is for 5.1 only? ;)

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
May 08, 2008 11:06AM
This is exactly what I understood, Thomas.

To give this thread a sensible turnaround:
I wonder if there is any fallback mechanism if a requested phrase isn't available in $PHORUM['DATA']['LANG'].

It should be easy to implement it where loading $PHORUM['DATA']['DEFAULTLANG'] into $PHORUM['DATA']['LANG'] first, then load the /lang/ specific file, rather than running through the whole $PHORUM['DATA'] to see if a $PHORUM['DATA']['LANG'] phrase is empty.

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
May 08, 2008 11:11AM
well, that would still be a double include instead of a single one.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
May 08, 2008 11:17AM
To check if a language file is complete, go to the admin interface -> Language Tools. There you can generate a language file for the active Phorum version, which will get extra keys put in there if they are missing. Still a bit experimental and freaky code, but it is what I use for checking my Dutch files too.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
May 08, 2008 11:32AM
Hi Maurice.

I'm afraid my "Manuage Language Files" doesn't work right. I choose an existing language, e.g. "Dansk - Danish", click on "Generate updated language file" and the page redraws. No file has been written or updated.

When I check the source code of the redrawn admin web page, I see that the page output stops somewhere ...

I will dig the code and come back soon.

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
May 08, 2008 12:11PM
I guess it might be a good idea to point admins to the fact that the english base language file is expected to be named english.php only! (Mine was named english_utf8.php which didn't even throw an error message.)

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
May 08, 2008 12:16PM
Why did you rename a core file? I don't know why we should put such thing in any documentation frankly. It's the default fallback language file and Phorum cannot guess for it if you rename it. You should not rename it in the same way as you should not rename list.php to list_something.php.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
May 08, 2008 12:20PM
I did so when I did the migration work from ANSI to UTF in order not to mix things up ...

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
May 08, 2008 06:53PM
I thought I should mention that > ex_new.tpl --> pops up at the bottom of my forum

[iloveqatar.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login