Firefox PHP

Module: Topic Poll

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Topic Poll
May 12, 2008 03:40PM
Hi Maurice,

according to structuring the language file and charset support I attach new german languages files in ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8. Please add them to the next release of your module.

Regards
Oliver

mmakaay: removed the attachments from this message. The language files are now included in the module package.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 03:25PM by Maurice Makaay.
May 18, 2008 02:51PM
Hi Maurice,

I'm using now also your Topic Poll Module and I have two comments (perhaps for next update):

1. Imagen you are following a thread with some poll by email including a link to that thread. For example: [forum.langzeittest.de]. While reading this post you decide to see newest result of the poll, so you go to the top of the page and you click on "View results". Because of the "#msg-435373" in the url the browser goes to the origin post. So you have to go once more to the top of the page. Perhaps it's better to cut the anchor.

2. Like you can see in the above linked poll the emerald template for the poll has a layout problem when question is very long.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
July 21, 2008 10:12PM
what if you locked the post unless the user voted. . . or locked the vote unless the user posted? this wouldn't be flawless, but would likely be less work.
July 22, 2008 02:27AM
It's indeed something different than the thing that was requested for. I thought it was meant to prevent comments in the thread from steering the voting user into a certain direction. Only after voting, the subjective reply thread would become visible. Forcing users to vote before they can post in the thread is a useful feature too I guess, but a different feature than requested earlier. It can be added as an option that can be set for the poll easily enough, but time is not my best friend at the moment.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
July 23, 2008 12:03AM
yeeah just was hit by that as a potential alternative, but as you said . . . "meh"
August 23, 2008 10:04PM
I just had a user report that safari renders the forum really badly with this module enabled. Here's a screen shot [plus613.net]
August 24, 2008 05:44AM
Does that happen when using the standard emerald template as well?

I don't run safari myself (I'm on Linux), but if you can provide patches to make it work correctly, I will implement them in the module core. Looking at your site, you and HTML are no strangers, so I guess you can handle that.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
September 01, 2008 08:59PM
The problem seems to be in the way you insert the poll into the messagebody.. you need to insert it BEFORE

<div class="PhorumReadBodyText">{MESSAGES->body}</div><br />

If you put it in the body of the message then the body text looses it's div and doesn't know where to render. So need to get users to make a template change to use the poll rather than trying to be clever and saving them from having to do it.. ;)
September 01, 2008 11:59PM
Oh and a heads up firefox 3.0.1 also doesn't render this mod correctly and IE7.
September 02, 2008 03:56AM
My question still stands: do you get the same results when using Emerald as the Phorum template? I see no rendering problem in firefox on my test server.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login