Firefox PHP

Module: Topic Poll

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
pat
Re: Module: Topic Poll
October 08, 2012 10:14AM
Hi,
it seems the profile-field is not created somehow I have no idea why - I could really need some help/hints to make this work.
pat
November 22, 2012 03:38PM
Is this module no longer supported? Or is it my fault? What can I do get some help to solve my problem with this module?

thanks
pat
November 23, 2012 03:49AM
Well, the point probably is that the problem can't be reproduced anywhere else right now.
Its not my module, so I can only guess:
Could you check if you have a row with "mod_topic_poll_installed" in the phorum_settings table and if it exists please remove it.
That should trigger a reinstall.

Thomas Seifert
pat
December 09, 2012 06:18AM
Hi Thomas,
thank you for helping!
I did as you suggested but it still doesn't work, when I try to save the settings I get an error-screen:

Phorum Admin
version 5.2.18
Phorum Status:
Logged In As pat

You are accessing the admin after a security timeout.

The requested URL was:

Language: PHP
http://www[...]/phorum/admin.php/?phorum_admin_token=[...]

Please make sure that you really want to access this URL and weren't tricked to go to the admin.
Please click on continue to go to this URL or on cancel to go to the forum homepage.

What could cause this to happen? All the other modules work just fine.
December 10, 2012 03:40AM
Which settings exactly do you mean? The page where you configure the topic poll settings for a forum or when you want to select a forum to configure it at all? Could you please check the forms shown on the page that they have the "phorum_admin_token" hidden field set?
Please reupload the setting*.php files again for this module maybe one wasn't updated.

Thomas Seifert
pat
December 15, 2012 06:44AM
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Seifert
Which settings exactly do you mean? The page where you configure the topic poll settings for a forum or when you want to select a forum to configure it at all?

I click the settings link of the module and it leads to a list of forums, I select a forum to configure and it leads to another page where I can configure "Settings for forum", I do so and when I hit "Save Settings" I get the error-page.

Thomas Seifert
Could you please check the forms shown on the page that they have the "phorum_admin_token" hidden field set?
Please reupload the setting*.php files again for this module maybe one wasn't updated.

I found this in the source-code of the page:
Language: HTML
<form style="display: inline;" action="/phorum/admin.php/" method="post"> <input type="hidden" name="phorum_admin_token" value="db5ecd8351a733766e8f0c06c0d0b116"> <input type="hidden" name="module" value="modsettings"> <input type="hidden" name="mod" value="topic_poll"> <input type="hidden" name="forum_id" value="1">

Your help is appreciated very much.
December 16, 2012 09:22AM
Maybe i became blind, but how can i set the right language file?
i have read all the pages of this topic, but apperently nobody has this problem?

[EDIT]
Wow, writing something in this forum has an healing effect on my mind.
After torturing my brains for 2 hours, just seconds after i wrote this message, i realized the existance of 2 types of dutch language files, (formeel and informeel), setting to formeel did the trick:)
[/EDIT]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 09:31AM by Terradon.
pat
December 21, 2012 08:45AM
Hi,
my Problem with the Poll-Settings-Page in the admin is finally solved - I simply tried a different Browser (Chrome instead of FF) and it worked !!
I will probably never understand the root-cause of this strange Problem (remember it worked with FF on my local machine) but anyway life can now go on...

Which leads me to my next question: is it possible somehow to add a Standard-Poll to each topic in a certain forum?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 08:49AM by pat.
December 22, 2012 02:49PM
eh, no, there is no functionality built in for that.
Essentially this means to prepare some base content for each post in a forum.
Guess that would make a different module.

Thomas Seifert
January 05, 2013 07:51PM
in the poll editor, can i have more than 2 fields by default? Where can i modify the code?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login