Firefox PHP

Module: Topic Poll

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Topic Poll
August 19, 2010 04:17PM
No, this is a poll module. A poll is something completely different than post rating. You might want to check out the Rate this Thread module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Module: Topic Poll
September 18, 2010 02:43PM
Hi Guys, I have a problem with the module. I have followed the instruction provided and all worked well. But unfortunately I can manage to use the POLL. I dont see anything in the users section neither in admin. I have activated the topic_poll module. But I can see the poll. Am I missing something?

Please advise.

Thanks
September 18, 2010 03:24PM
Have you tried starting a new thread? That's where you get the option for adding a poll to it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
September 18, 2010 03:29PM
Maurice Makaay
Have you tried starting a new thread? That's where you get the option for adding a poll to it.

And before that, did you enable the poll for that particular forum in the modules settings? The poll option will not show up under the new post or reply text area unless the administrator has checked that polls are permitted in that specific forum.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
September 18, 2010 03:37PM
Thanks for your reply. Please pardon my stupid question. But really I cant find anything regarding poll. I tried to create new forum from admin and tried to create new Topic from user's section, nothing helped.

I also visited the settings area of tpoic_poll module after enabling it, but I dont see anything regarding POLL. I see "Configure" buttons against each forum. Whichever I click, it shows nothing regarding the POLL.

Can you tell me a step by step procedure so that I can see the POLL thing.

Thanks heaps in advance.
September 18, 2010 04:13PM
I find it hard to believe that you don't see anything poll related in the Topic Poll module settings.

Maybe you misunderstand what this module is for. This module is not for letting you add a poll to the Phorum site. The module is for letting your visitors add polls to their (thread starter) messages.

Do what Robert suggests: setup topic poll permissions for the forum(s) in which you want to let your users post polls with their messages. After that you should really see the option for adding a poll when starting a new thread.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
September 19, 2010 03:01AM
I have visited the "Topic Poll Module configuration" section where all forums are listed. I clicked the "Configure" button against a forum and i see two linsk there - "Edit" and "Delete". I thought in the edit section I can set the permission for POLL. But nothing related to POLL is seen there.

I must be missing something. May be a very small thing, but my stupidity is not letting me see that. Can you please help me out. I am dyeing to see the POLL in my forum. You have created such a nice thing, but I am the hell of a person to see.
September 19, 2010 05:48AM
When you click "Configure", you should get the screen where you can edit the configuration for the forum for which you clicked "Configure".

On the screen, you can set "Who is allowed to create polls in this forum?" to define who has permission to post polls in the forum.

After setting a permission, click "Save settings" at the bottom to store the new permission settings.

Getting back at the forum list, the forum that you configured should show up in a bold font.

After that is done, you can post a new message in the forum. At the bottom, you now should see a button "Add a poll to this topic". Clicking this button brings you the interface where you can setup the poll for the new thread.

BTW: I'm not sure what "Edit" and "Delete" links you are referring to, which you apparently see after clicking the "Configure" button. If this description still gets you nowhere, please include a screenshot of what you are referring to.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
modifying height and width of bbcode video
September 28, 2010 09:24PM
As primarily a forum for digital filmmakers, the module BBCode Video is invaluable. However videos embedded are restricted to 425x350. Can I replace the hight and width to say 640x480 with no issue?

Michael Horton
lafcpug
[www.lafcpug.org]
Re: modifying height and width of bbcode video
September 29, 2010 12:56AM
Michael Horton
As primarily a forum for digital filmmakers, the module BBCode Video is invaluable. However videos embedded are restricted to 425x350. Can I replace the hight and width to say 640x480 with no issue?

Yes you can! Look for this in the bbcode_video.php file and change the values in the replace[] string...

Language: PHP
// Final replacement for YouTube videos. $search[] = "/\[video\]youtube:([\w_-]+)\[\/video\]/is"; $replace[] = "<br/><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/$1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\"></embed><br/>";

There are presets for videos from other sources besides YouTube, and you can change those as well.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login