Firefox PHP

Module: Virtual Hosting

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Virtual Hosting
August 31, 2007 05:08PM
Thanks. I updated the module. Version 1.1.4 contains the change.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 01, 2008 05:40PM
I have a strange bug with this module: it won't display any messages. When I clic on a forum, it just brings me back to the vroot.

You can try it here:
"Oaxaca vroot" works just fine through normal domain:
[www.simplymexico.com]

But when you try to access the forums through the "Virtual Hosting" domain, you see the list of forums but clicking on them does nothing:
[bbs.oaxaca.com]
February 12, 2008 12:11PM
I have this strange behaviour after trying to install this module...
It keeps on sowing this message:

Unexpected situation on installing the Virtual Hosting module: running the install queries from file ./mods/virtual_hosting/db/mysql/1.php failed

Seems like no 1.php, 2.php or 3.php files can run these SQL queries in it. The first error was that the phorum_virtual_hosts table can not be found. Right... Create it by hand... Do the same to all the alter commands. But the error keeps on showing.

Any clues on what can be wrong?

Thanks,

PEstevão
February 12, 2008 12:55PM
Edit mods/virtual_hosting/db.php
Around line 55, add the green code from below:
            print "<b>Unexpected situation on installing " .
                  "the Virtual Hosting module</b>: running the " .
                  "install queries from file " . htmlspecialchars($sqlfile) .
                  " failed: $err";

Tell us what the exact error is.

Creating tables by hand is not how it should work. If you do that, then the script probably won't move on, because some fields already exist in the tables. While doing the database updates, the module will keep track of the processed db upgrades. If you update the db manually, this track record will not be available and Phorum will think that it's still at the first step.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
February 12, 2008 01:22PM
I think I know what your problem is (thanks to Thomas for hinting me into the right direction). Your MySQL probably runs in strict mode. Upgrade file 2.php has a TEXT field with a default value assigned to it. This does throw errors in strict mode.

Try using version 1.1.5 of the module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
February 12, 2008 05:57PM
I've found the error...
Is that I have no permission on creating tables with the user used to access mySQL table. Changed it and everything goes smoothly!

Thanks a lot,

PEstevão
June 28, 2009 06:26PM
Hello,

When users register for a "virtual forum" are they tagged so that I can see on which forum a user registered or logged in? Say I would like to send out an email notification to users of a specific forum, would it be possible to identify those users?

Philip
June 28, 2009 08:42PM
Hello Maurice,

I have one problem with this module which is described in these threads:
[www.phorum.org]
[www.phorum.org]

When it is turned off, it's not possible any more to enter the admin backend via admin.php. Instead I see a blank page with an error message:

An error occurred in the application. The error was logged to the Phorum event log.

From the event log I retrieved this error message:

Message: PHP error: phorum_api_user_save(): Illegal field name used in user data: vroot PHP error generated at /var/www/web211/html/.../v1/include/api/user.php:460 Back trace: Function trigger_error called at {path to Phorum}/include/api/user.php:460 ---- Function phorum_api_user_save called at {path to Phorum}/include/admin/tokenmissing.php:68 ---- Function include_once called at {path to Phorum}/admin.php:111 ---- Request info: HTTP_HOST = forum.....com REQUEST_URI = /admin.php

Thomas wrote why this may happen:

I already told you in the other thread, the virtual hosting module adds fields to the tables, especially the user table in the case of this error, and when its disabled it can't hide them from the core code anymore which spawns this error. Manually removing the fields (e.g. using phpMyAdmin) and clearing the cache will make the login work again for you.

I turned off the module twice and didn't want to delete columns in the user table because I'm not sure if everything will be running fine afterwards. Instead I decided to make a new installation. I fear that this issue might happen on the live server. Is it possible to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Philip
June 28, 2009 09:32PM
The virtual hosting module is not really meant to be turned off after it has been turned on, because of the extra field that is added to the user table. Currently, there is no real work around for that. You could hack include/api/user.php to add the field "vroot" to the user table field list.

When you're told to remove colums from the user table, then don't worry and do so. The vroot field is only used by the virtual hosting module. However, if you plan on running the virtual hosting module afterwards, then some extra work is needed. You'll have to delete a field from the phorum_settings table to allow the virtual hosting module to reinstall the table field.

Since you're trying to track what module is causing an issue it's better to start with a fresh install and add modules, while checking if things are still working after each module. Then, if you find what module is causing the issue, it's most helpful if you can setup a public site, so we can look at the site first hand.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Advanced Search Issue
June 29, 2009 05:19AM
In Advanced search I have only the option to "Search All Forums". I can't select the forums within the virtual root. I have attached a screenshot to show the problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login