Firefox PHP

Module: Virtual Hosting

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Advanced Search Issue
June 29, 2009 04:16AM
I am not able to reproduce this. Check if you didn't setup the forum permissions in such way that the forums are not accessible. This might also explain why you are having troubles with your index view.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
June 30, 2009 10:54AM
I managed to trace an issue with this on your server and fixed it in the code (the fix is also available on your server already). I can now see a list of searchable forums on this page.

The fix will be in the next stable Phorum release too.
See changeset 4345

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
June 30, 2009 04:03PM
Many thanks also for this fix :-)
Re: Module: Virtual Hosting
May 17, 2011 05:25PM
I can't seem to find the place where I can add more domain names to the module settings. Where does that happen again?

Does the current form of this module still work with 5.1?
October 20, 2011 11:50AM
Before I dig out my coding forms.. thought I would check..

There is code in this module that keeps track of which vroot a user is assigned to. The administrator can set it and change it. But I do not see anywhere that this information is used.

It looks like a registered user can get to any of the hosts, even if they have the vroot set in their user information.

When a user logs in, I would like to either bounce them over to the right virtual host (which might be difficult because of session information). Or just tell them 'this is not the forum you seek'.

Thanks. Nick
October 20, 2011 12:18PM
The vroot field was not meant for this kind of feature. Vroots in their nature are separate instances. Users might be interested in multiple forums. Forcing them to a single forum, no matter on what vroot they enter, would be a very specific use case IMO.

The vroot is mainly registered for informational purposes and for some third parties that want this tracked. You are right that the virtualhost module itself does not depend on it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 21, 2011 08:24AM
Maurice,

Thank you for taking the time to point out the hole in my logic. I would have probably dashed right in to it... :-)

Always a pleasure working with you folks.

Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login